Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I need a lift pump for my truck? My signature has everything that's on my truck in it. I have the money for a lift pump and was wondering if it was necessary. Also would I need a CAI ? Figured while I was getting the lift pump I would get the CAI. If it helps my goal in the future would be about 550-600 hp. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Yes you will need a lift pump to get your goal of 500+Hp. Plus the added filtration to keep your injectors happy. I'd also look into an aftermarket air horn, check out Profab Performance. Rick does great work.

·
Premium Member
3,562 Posts
Lift pump + filters keeps the CP 3 and injectors happy regardless of how much power you're making.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks guys!

·
Registered
575 Posts
With the lb7, a lift pump is the first mod I did. Not only will you get the most out of your tunes, get one with some extra filtration and you will protect your precious injectors.

·
Premium Member
10,442 Posts
Yes, lift pump!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok thanks guys! I plan on building the transmission next year at the end of summer. So I was going to do the little things now and get them out of the way and work my way up. Thanks again and I'm open to any suggestions! Also what are the best u joints I can buy that are extremely hd. I haul heavy loads and the reason I ask one is I didn't want to Start another thread and two every time I accelerate whether it be with a load or without a load there is a tick from the rear of the truck. I also hear it sometimes when I let off the gas. I figured it would be the u joints going out. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm having a hard time deciding between fass or air dog. I have heard that air dog fails a lot of the time, but also people like them for their customer service. I have heard both fass and air dog have life time warranties. Is it just really just what you prefer? What should I go with fass or air dog?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Flip a coin

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
really either one will do you good.

·
Premium Member
3,562 Posts
I have the AD II 165, been working fine for over a year, easy to install and moderately quiet. I can't compare it to any others since it's the only one I've tried.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was going to go with air dog before I read all the stuff about them messing up. I guess that lifetime warranty will get some use if anything happens. I have one more question! I've seen people mount them under the driver side door on the frame. I don't want it to hang low because when I go hunting I don't want a stump or tree limb to take it off. With that being said where else could I mount it. Thanks a lot guys!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts