Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a nicktane adapter off another member and I know i need to remove the ball and spring to make it work. My quiestion is can i just take the spring and ball out through the fender well while it is still on the truck? I also only have 17000 miles on the truck and im not planning on rebuilding the filter head right now as it is working perfect and not losing prime or anything. I also picked up a 1r-0749 cat filter at work and was wondering what everyones thoughts are on that filter?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I didn't remove the filter head to install the adapter on mine at first but eventually had to so I could put it in the vice and get it tight enough, because it kept coming off with the filter when I changed it. I run the 0749 filter also, I had to space it out a good bit to get it to clear the manifold.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so you didnt have to rebuild it either...as far as i understand i just have to remove the t20 torx screws and pull the black plate out-remove ball and spring and reassemble. I was thinking i could just do it from the fender well and i would be set.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
No I didn't rebuild. Yes just remove the screws and remove ball and spring, atleast this is what I did, no need to remove.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats what i was hoping to hear. im debating if i want to get a spacer or just use washers to space it out? have you had any problems without a water seperator?- edit:nvm just saw you have an airdog

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I used washers at first, but when I pulled the motor this last time, I went to lowes and picked up a piece of 1 1/4 inch square tubing with the holes in it. It's a lot cleaner look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts