Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone hear doing it?

I know that its rather pointless because people are gonna buy fuel or gas the day before or after. Im not mutch into chain letters or going to any rallys or marchs but this is a big problem that someone has finally attempted to do something about.

If its good or bad I'm not buying Fuel Tuesday May 15 :rockin

This goes for my personal vehicles or my buisness trucks!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
It won't work. I got a chain e-mail saying instead of doing that (not buying fuel), just not buy from Exxon and one other big oil company. That way, they will be forced to lower their prices since they will be losing money. One day does nothing to the oil companies, but if no one bought from exxon for a month....that would put a hurting on them.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I was going to but forgot and timed it wrong and have to get fuel tommorow.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i bought 125 bucks worth today... sorry:rolleyes: . it wasnt from exon though, it was a chevron station.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Probably won't do anything but can't hurt to try, so Im not buying any.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
93 Posts
As great as this idea is, it wont work. To many people just dont care because the gas prices mean nothing to them.:mad:

We were talking about this in my economics class today. Our conclusion was that we need the president, or congress, or some authority to say, no one drives vehicles for a week. obviously police and the such would have to, but the major population could not drive. The amount of money the oil companys would loose would probably be in the tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars. That would sink fuel prices down around where they should be.

Of coarse this would never happen either because it would put to big of a hurt on our economy. You just can't win!:mad:

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
As great as this idea is, it wont work. To many people just dont care because the gas prices mean nothing to them.:mad:

We were talking about this in my economics class today. Our conclusion was that we need the president, or congress, or some authority to say, no one drives vehicles for a week. obviously police and the such would have to, but the major population could not drive. The amount of money the oil companys would loose would probably be in the tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars. That would sink fuel prices down around where they should be.

Of coarse this would never happen either because it would put to big of a hurt on our economy. You just can't win!:mad:
your right our goverment won't ask people to quit driving,plus our goverment would lose about of tax dollars

·
Registered
95 Posts
This chain letter has been circulating for about 5 years now and is absolutely worthless. With gas companies reporting profits in the BILLIONS last year one day or even one week wouldn't effect them. Getting big oil out of the government has less of a chance than getting the cigarette companies out of the government.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Your Prof. actually wants the government to get involved... how about this, how about the government get uninvolved. Lets start by reducing the taxes and reducing the environmental regulations. Not one refinery has been built in the US in almost 30 years. Anytime a company wants to excavate oil they are shot down. I hate to say it but I completely disagree with your professor’s assessment of the situation...

Secondly, if you look at the rate of inflation for say, milk, trucks, etc. fuel has done pretty well. Its still cheaper than coffee or water if you think about it…..

·
Registered
27 Posts
It really comes down to drilling for our own oil.
We have so much of it but the tree huggers won't let us touch it so we keep inporting oil from a country that hates us with a passion.
I just hope Bio Diesel and E85 really take off.
I was talking to some old farmers around the small town coffee table and they where all saying whats going to happen is Bio and E85 will take off and it will over take middleeast oil then middle east oil will drop to little bit of nothing again like a 1.50 a gal under cutting what it costs to make E85 and almost bankrupt the E85 plants.
I hope this isn't true. or that people are smart enough to see what big oil is up to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts