Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
i saw this and posted it up a while back...the horsepower hasn't changed its only 350 iirc. but 800lb of torque is nice but its a bit late for dodge, it their auto's could barely handle the old power why would i think they can handle 800lbs. that and bigger numbers doesn't increase payload or towing capacity, fix the bad ride, or the plastic everything on the trucks...it's a start but they've been out of the pick up battle for a year or so now imo

to add, if all they've did is increase toque i would be afraid to see the power band/fuel delivery table. after seeing a stock 5.9 table pulled via efi.....it's not very pretty,efficient stable, or predictable.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I posted about this on another link this aft. Someone said they are already out but that they still only have 350HP? Yeah if they had a tranny that could handle it it might be intresting.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Ha Ha, beat me to it. They are claiming 22,500 pounds towing capacity, yeah right lets see the head to head!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Wow Im not impressed..... The Ford makes 800lbft already and still cant keep up with us and they have a better trans and 50 more hp than that Dodge.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Wow Im not impressed..... The Ford makes 800lbft already and still cant keep up with us and they have a better trans and 50 more hp than that Dodge.
Let's see another battle in the Rockies type tow challenge, this should be Amusing!! :rof:rofl:rof:rofl
Oh boy, Dodge is gonna get spank bad!! :rof:rof :gearjamin

Duramax, King of the hill again !!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Yeah Ive heard they were bumping up the hp now too, but havent seen any articles on it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
troy iam from c-falls yeah suppose to mid year bump the hp up 390ish from what i read somewhere.

Even the the 800ftlbs trucks come with diff converter valvebodys and some other stuff in the transmission. I love my 6.7 would never go back to a 5.9 these things just need air in a bad way, makeing crazy trq 1500-1900ftlbs seem the norm a guy with lovefab twins "utilizeing" stock turbo some injectors,cp3, tuner made 1900ftlbs frickin insane nothing special at all

·
Banned
17,251 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
troy iam from c-falls yeah suppose to mid year bump the hp up 390ish from what i read somewhere.

Even the the 800ftlbs trucks come with diff converter valvebodys and some other stuff in the transmission. I love my 6.7 would never go back to a 5.9 these things just need air in a bad way, makeing crazy trq 1500-1900ftlbs seem the norm a guy with lovefab twins "utilizeing" stock turbo some injectors,cp3, tuner made 1900ftlbs frickin insane nothing special at all
C-falls huh right on!!! I sold my old 02 Dmax over there, Pewter cc/lb, Cowl hood 5" straight pipe, injectors ect. ect.

Yeah Cummins do make some crazy tq they always have

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
I'm pretty sure that if your on a dyno in say 5th in a duramax and drop it into 3rd while floored then the tq can go crazy high am I right..? Or do I fail as usual?

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
I'm pretty sure that if your on a dyno in say 5th in a duramax and drop it into 3rd while floored then the tq can go crazy high am I right..? Or do I fail as usual?
You fail as usual (your words)

You dyno in the gear with a gear ratio closest to 1:1.. For us its 4th.

·
Registered
542 Posts
If only they'd spend the money to put a real transmission in it, the truck would probably be competitive. I do miss my cummins sometimes and that instant torque at almost any rpm.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I just test drove a 2011 last week and the interior was awesome. The salesman also said they changed alot with the trans and they are way stronger now. We will see if that is true or not. Plus the 2011 cummins dont have that fluid you add to the exhaust yet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If only they'd spend the money to put a real transmission in it, the truck would probably be competitive. I do miss my cummins sometimes and that instant torque at almost any rpm.
]

Dude c'mon use your brain a lil NONE of the trans hold much over stock exspecially with me driveing lol. Sure somebody out there with a duramax with 8000hp is useing a stock tranny and its lasted 40years because it dont even get above 1700rpms and drives like an old granny and all of a sudden there the greatest things ever. I really never cared for the allison "because ive never drove one for any amount of time" but with my 6.7 cummins with 6 speed 68rfe i see why you guys like them so much there awsome keep the rpms up and not such a big jump when the go to OD.

The 6.7s might be the slowest in stock form but in the aftermarket there gaining ground exstremely fast. Ran07 on the cummins forum is running mid 10s s480 single,cp3,injectors,smarty,sidemount intake quadcab 4x4 SMOKELESS.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I may have a Duramax but the rest of our diesel work trucks are 5.9s and (1) 6.7L It doesn't take much to turn em up..... The Duramax pulls nicely, especially with the Allison but the Cummins have SOOO much torque! Great in the WV mountains!

Dodge has beefed up the current tranny with coolers and stronger clutch packs (we'll see if they work). And next year or so will debut a new 8 speed auto WHILE still offering a 6 speed manual.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Juuuuunnnnnnkkkkk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts