Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Dodge/Cummins guy here, just learnin more of the Duramax side of things. I gotta give props to you guys, its nice the Cummins guys have some competition finally eh?

·
Registered
132 Posts
welcome, and yes the duramax is right there competing w/ the cummins. one duramax just ran in the 9's.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
welcome to the site..the Cummins is a heck of a diesel but they forgot to put it in a truck..in my area the Duramax has really been puttin the squeeze to the Cummins..

·
Registered
162 Posts
Dodges are nice trucks but they dont even compare to a GM! I am sure a dodge guy would say the same about a GM also.

·
Registered
162 Posts
If it wasnt for the cummings, dodges would be a boarder line POS!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Sorry for the bashing, nothing personal. Have fun snopping around.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dodges are nice trucks but they dont even compare to a GM! I am sure a dodge guy would say the same about a GM also.
Haha, that is true!! Ive got an opinion about GM vehicles from workin in bodyshops, but the DMax has come into its own. Yall may have more competition, as there are some programmers comin out that give the CRs some much needed rpms...I did hear about Chris runnin 9 somethin in his truck...congrats to him...bashings all in fun right? Theres 3 ways to go, but its all diesel power...

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
If I HAD to get rid of my Duramax....it would be a cummins. But I would never ever buy a Powerstroke. In the past 8 months...I've talked to 2 of my dads friends with PS's....My heating guy and his partner..(both have PS's)....some random guy in a bike shop with a new PSD...AND my uncles brother bought one....Every single last one of them is under 50,000 miles...and ALL of them had the heads replaced twice...along with some other issues. I could never justify spending that much money on a truck that breaks that much. Plus 4 local guys all quit at Ford and opened their own repair/paint/bodywork shop around here because they said that it was too much grief having the same customers come in with the same problems all the time...and it was starting to hurt their reps.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey welcome aboard! Im lookin into a powerstroke so a PSD forum will be in my near future as well :eek:
Dang, Im sorry!! Haha, j/k you gonna look at a 6.0 or a 6.4? One of these days Ill make it into a Ford dealer a testdrive a 6.4

·
Registered
162 Posts
I know a few guys that have had heads replaced on PS's also. Ford is kind of going down the drain if you ask me. Has anyone seen the video on youtube that shows the new PS shooting flames out of the exhaust? That video speaks for itself. My cousin has a new Megacab with roughly 15k on the cummings and he is on his second turbo! going on his third! But at the same time my truck developed a misterious oil leak with only 900 miles, explain that one!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Here is the link with the ford throwing flames from the exhaust! Listen to the motor, it sounds a little under the weather!

YouTube - ford recall

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would hate to have that guy pull up next to me on my bike

·
Registered
315 Posts
i have a 2006 F-350 wit a Powerstroke...the only prob i had wuz the EGR valve got clogged up...found out cuz i babied the truck...otherwise no problems...lottz of power stock...doesnt matter wut brand...they all have thier goods and bads !!!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
Lol Ford Tow Truck!!! Lookin for a 99-02? with the 7.3. It sucks that the only thing in 00+ to get 19.5's is a Kodiak. Ford still puts them in the F-350. :cool:
if thats all thats holdin you back from buyin a Duramax let me hook you up with some 19.5 wheels and tires for a 3500HD GM..

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey im new her and a dodge guy also i am just wanting to see what is happining with the gm guys

the Cummins is a heck of a diesel but they forgot to put it in a truck ..
ps im not trying to start a fight but a Ram w/ a Cummins is a he!! of a lot more truck than a sissy lala IFS GM chevy is nice but it mostly a heavy duty car with a bed just my oppinion as i have pulled may a gm d max out of a stuck situation but like i said not trying to start a fight

1 - 20 of 25 Posts