Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well dont hate on me but i decided to go over to the dodge forum poke around see what those guys got. so i figured id introduce myself filled out my sig put my dads truck on also and he owns a cummins again dont hate. but anyways nobody replied then i read a thread on there that this dodge got spanked by a duramax somewhere he was upset as hell there real jealous of are efi over there. hahah im hoping the guy that beat the cummins is on this forum hahah thatd be funny. no special thread here just thought id let everyone know hahahah :drink

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
haha right! they are always hatin over there!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sad thing is i didnt say nothing disrespectful to them just pretty much said hi just stopping ya kno but o well. guess thats how they are

·
Registered
589 Posts
bunch of haters for sure. i sure do love spankin them tho

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^ no i have nothing against cummins i personally think if cummins and allison tranny got together itd be a nice set up. nothing wrong with the cummins motor at all. truck interior just isnt the nicest i use to own a 91 and traded for the max. no complaints with either rig. my true love is sittin on the farm oliver 1950T 90 to 100 horse turbo o she makes me drooolllllllllllllllll!!!

·
Registered
994 Posts
my true love is sittin on the farm oliver 1950T 90 to 100 horse turbo o she makes me drooolllllllllllllllll!!!
I have a few Olivers...a 1949 88 RowCrop, a 1950 77 RC, and a 19?? 66 RC. I love to go to antique pulls.

·
Registered
589 Posts
jlb444 are you by st louis at all? my brother lives down there and i'm making a trip soon, didn't know how close you were or if any pulls were going on soon?

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
they all seemed nice enough to me? i even helped a guy out with a dmax a relative had.

its a little hard to look past the big goofy stacks sometimes though :rof

·
Registered
994 Posts
jlb444 are you by st louis at all? my brother lives down there and i'm making a trip soon, didn't know how close you were or if any pulls were going on soon?
I'm about 2 hours away from STL. But, I go there alot because I have in-laws scattered out all around there. You should deff. let me know the next time you are gonna be there. I was actually there this past weekend. Plus, my Brother and I usually go to as many Cardinals games as we can.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i love olivers there a nice tractor were currently fixing it up. just needs some TLC and money

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
its not the truck or the motor, its the drivers. The drivers are so cocky about their trucks it's ridiculous. What they dont realize that you have to get injectors,pump, and tuning. a dmax all u need is tuning and u are smoking the competition, nothin against cummins, but its true

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
its not the truck or the motor, its the drivers. The drivers are so cocky about their trucks it's ridiculous. What they dont realize that you have to get injectors,pump, and tuning. a dmax all u need is tuning and u are smoking the competition, nothin against cummins, but its true
I'd bed to differ with that statement

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
I'd bed to differ with that statement
well with 24 valve's its true, but 12 valves and Common Rails do run like a bat out of hell. but most of the cocky drivers ive met, drive the 24 valve 98-02 models

·
The Outcast Goat
592 Posts
I agree..

My duramax seemed just as strong as my cummins and the duramax only had tuning, home modified cp3, and bigger turbo. The CR cummins aren't nearly as durable as the older ones. CR guys are destroying rods, injectors, and pistons left and right.

·
Registered
419 Posts
i'm on both forums as well, its like anyother forum, theres some really good folks and theres some total douche bags. i think theres alot of younger guys over there because you can get an older cummins pretty cheap. i think the cummins is a great motor, its the rest of the truck thats suspect for me, not hatin, just both my brothers had them and didnt have good luck, i'm not a chevy guy, but ford's stupidity with the 6.0 drove me here, i loves me d-max. i would love to find a clean first gen cummins, my grandfather had one and it brings back good memories.

·
Registered
177 Posts
well with 24 valve's its true, but 12 valves and Common Rails do run like a bat out of hell. but most of the cocky drivers ive met, drive the 24 valve 98-02 models
i drive a 24v sparks

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
mine is kinda different, i meet alot of 12v guys, :rolleyes:

but dude i wouldnt go sayin that modden a 24v is terrible, to a certain point your d-max is easier like to 5oohp but after that point, the 24v is way easier, pri cheaper in the long run too, :neener

i still say most cummins i meet are ALL SHOW AND NO GO

1 - 20 of 31 Posts