·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lets hear some pros an cons for the 99 24 valve cummins:drink

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Con- VP44 injection pump, Pros- it can be replaced with an inline bosh pump if you got a 12v laying around

·
Registered
13,927 Posts
The vp44 isn't that bad if you get a quality lift pump. If you run a stock lift pump plan on it failing in time and most likely taking the Vp44 with it. The only two other negatives are if it's a automatic, and the Dodge body doesn't hold up to great.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
an air dogg or fass lift pump should help that shouldnt it

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Yes either of those 2 will help that issue, cummins lift pumps usually are known for going out, that usually is the first thing we do to the ones that come into the shop with a failed lift pump, buying a cummins lift pump is almost as much as an air dog or fass :eek:

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well an a fuel rail pressure gauge would help watch that to wouldnt it

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
yes a fuel gauge off the lift pump is a good way to monitor, it will be the quickest way to catch the problem

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok an im lookin at meyers website now what would i need to look at in the airdog 100gph 150gph airdogII

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so r u sayin that i wouldnt need the fuel rail pressure gauge

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok it has an auto trans what do you guys recomend for tranny rebuild

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok well thanks for the help an answers

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
sounds familiar, I had a 99
lift pump went out and took the injection with it, auto went out and was never the same after the rebuild, sold it with the auto going out again, truck had interior widget problems

truck was so damn loud it would have giving any body robbing my house a 3 minute head start to get out, got sick of everyone telling me how loud my truck was

great fuel mileage

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol a guy i work with has one 120000 miles pw/pl ecsb said hed probly give it to me for 7500 completely stock other then exhaust

1 - 20 of 27 Posts