Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious if you can cause your truck to go into limp mode from just slipping the converter? Like say you have a stage 4 suncoast but with a stock converter? Will you limp the tranny or just slipp the crap out of the converter and keep trucking along?

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
I was curious if you can cause your truck to go into limp mode from just slipping the converter? Like say you have a stage 4 suncoast but with a stock converter? Will you limp the tranny or just slipp the crap out of the converter and keep trucking along?
You won't limp the trans till it lets loose. You will probably throw a P0741 code when the clutch lets go and start putting trash through the trans and valve body. If it goes too long, you will have to strip trans down and clean it. If the trash restricts the filters you can burn the clutches and then it will limp.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So Just slipping the converter will not cause a limp. You have to slip the cluches to cause a limp. am I correct?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Money...

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not saying thats what I'm going to do. I just purchased a ats co pilot for now on ebay for 600 bucks. And I think im gonna get a converter and put it in with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts