Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just picked up this 01 sierra for 8 grand, and besides exhaust and intake its bone stock. not sure how these should perform but it feels pretty slow compared to my friends powerstroke. a couple friends have told me that my hot side intercooler pipe looks small and not factory. i think this pipe may be to blame, what do you guys think?

P.S. i just installed a boost gauge and its reading about 17lbs at full throttle.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
That is NOT a factory pipe

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
WTF is that :rofl its not factory

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
WTF
A: that has the same look as a stock intercooler pipe, but not the same size and location... Could this possibly be off a van or topkick? Wheres stepchild.. lol
B: Your truck should in no way shape or form feel slower than a powerstroke. Assuming you meant a 7.3

·
Registered
1,370 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Well that makes sense now, but the IC pipe still dont. OP, you chould be making more than 17 psi at WOT. Somewhere around 25 ish. What kind of boost guage and where is it tapped?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
You should be seeing more than 17 with it tapped there, it doesnt matter what size IC pipe you have.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
have you tried cleaning the MAF, changing air filter, fuel filter?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Does it have a PPE boost valve? (small blue "pill" in wastegate line). it should be A closer to the wastgate than your T for the boost guage and B with the arrow toward the wastegate.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts