Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck orinally came with 245's on it I noticed that the speedometer was always 2 mph slow. My next set of tires I put 265's on it, now my speedo is correct. I am getting ready to put new tires on again and want to got to 285's. My question is has anyone experienced problems with shifting after putting larger tires on. I do have the allison trans in it.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
No, I haven't noticed anything different once I put the 285s on. Your tranny may have to learn a little, but I haven't noticed any side effects. If by chance you notice any power loss, just get a programmer and it all goes away.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Only thing major I noticed was speedo being 6mph off around 60mph.
Eventually I'll get a programmer to fix that.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
The heaviest I have pulled was an enclosed 24 ft trailer. It weighed in at about 8500 or so loaded (I was about 16000 lbs on the scale). I believe I had my programmer set at 45hp (3hp, 3tq). It drove like a dream. Granted, I didn't take it through any mountains, but I was pretty impressed. It shifted normal and didn't feel like it was lagging or anything. I will be driving out of AK in about a year and a half and I expect to be towing about 10,000lbs or a little above when I drive out. I don't expect to have any problems though. I will just be taking my time.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I started with 245 then to 285/75 then 35 then 37 never messed with the shifting Juss the allison needs to learn it. But even goin from the 245s to the 285s I noticed a pretty good drop in mpg, which obviously I don't care about haha

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I think this is one of the oldest if not the oldest thread that got revived.

·
Banned
1,104 Posts
hey administrator why cant i post in the for sale adds!?
You can now. 25 posts. Or subscriptions in your case

They must have cleaned your posts up. Anyway, you need 25 posts. Just keep the threads that are 7 years old alive and you'll be there in no time.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Because you need 25 + posts. You were padding your post count with the "subscibed" stop doing that and do some real posts or pay for a premium membership. Paying for a premium membership will give you instant access to the for sale section for posting.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Hmmm, its like there's a reason for 25 real posts or something, wierd. This guy seems legit.

·
Registered
90 Posts
iv always used diesel place forum and hardly ever used this one so my post count was obviously low. was just trying to shortcut in a way so i can sell some unwanted lbz parts on here hoping u guys were unsubscribed from these ancient threads by now. im unable to use my diesel place account now i am locked out due to email problems and they wont fix it so here i am at dmax forum. sorry for any inconveniences i may have caused.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
My bad guys I didn't even pay attention to the date, I don't even know how I got to this post lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts