Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys

this is kind of a not running or driving problem, i am doing the Headgaskets on my truck and started torqueing the heads and the first M8 bolt snapped off in the block i got the piece out and decided to try another bolt in there and it will not torque up, they feel really soft, like they are stretching. The instructions say to resue them, they did come in my kit, and now i am in a huge bind. Trucks down, is there anything special about them or can i use regular M8 X 3.5's ????

thanks guys

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
You cant re-use torque-to-yield bolts. You MUST use new ones or get some ARP studs.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
yep if i were u id slap some arp studs on there and not have to worry about it

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
these are not torque to yeild..... i have new arp headstuds these are the upper 4 bolts that dont come in the kit

·
Registered
891 Posts
They should have come in the kit, mine had them....

·
Premium Member
3,274 Posts
these are not torque to yeild..... i have new arp headstuds these are the upper 4 bolts that dont come in the kit

Not sure were you got your kit it has to be a old kit that was laying around. And laying around I mean by atleast 3 year thats how long ago ARP start adding the M8's into there kits. Gm does sell the little M8's I keep these on hand for the guys that still go with stock head bolts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts