Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having an issue with the interior dome lights. When I open the door, use the key fob or turn the dome lights on manually using the dimmer override knob only the lights in the doors come on. The overheads stay off. The only time the overhead lights come on is when I hit the manual buttons beside each one. Then they remain on till I turn them off again. Bulbs are good, as I said the lights come on fine when I hit the button.
I have been running LED interior bulbs for a while. As in for years.
Can’t be a fuse because they all come on. Can’t be the door switch because the door pocket lights come on when the door opens.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Have another issue I’ve noticed. My backup lights also aren’t working along with the dome lights.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Door lights are controlled/powered by the door modules, dome lights and back up lights are controlled by the body control module. There are 7 bcm fuses. Check them all. If they are good, you’d need a scan tool to further diag it properly. BCM fuses in GMT800 trucks are labeled at TBC in any fuse box. That’s the original name for a bcm in a truck. Truck Body Controller or TBC. They are called bcm now.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are all 7 in the engine bay fuse box? Or are they spread between that one and the one inside?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I’ll look into it tomorrow.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Play around with the thumb roller dimmer switch.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That was it, one of the TBC fuses in the fuse panel inside the drivers door. 15A fuse. Why it blew I’m still looking into. But everything is now working as it should.
Many thanks all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts