Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading that the blue donaldson air filter is one of the best filters to run in our trucks. Does anyone know where I can get one for my 05 lly? I have done some searching and can't seem to find it. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I have been reading that the blue donaldson air filter is one of the best filters to run in our trucks. Does anyone know where I can get one for my 05 lly? I have done some searching and can't seem to find it. Any help would be appreciated. thanks
They discontinued them and most of what what left on shelves has been bought up.

·
Registered
211 Posts
they are still around on dealer shelves under the old part nbr

15918221 - A2947C

it is the first nbr that lets them find them. Any GM/Chevy dealership can run a parts locator for you

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok cool thanks guys ill call a few dealers if I can't find one ill just stick with the stock one got a 75k coming up so trying to gather all my parts.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The OEM AC Delco paper filters have been shown to be the most effective and "best" filter for our trucks. Here is a link to a decent read: Post # 5 has a .pdf attached...well worth the time to check out.

losing power - Diesel Place

Cheers,

stk

·
Registered
140 Posts
I would mildly suggest that if the KnN is a cleanable one...get rid of it.! That study showed them to be about the worst of the filters overall. The issues with cleanable ones are many people over-oil them, the oil gets on the MAF and then ya got codes coming up. Also, they tend to get loose after a while and do not fit as tight as a new OEM one. I've been using for the past 4 years, a pair of AFE cleanables..still not as effective as using the OEM paper types I agree...but while I was driving 5000 miles monthly over the past 3.5 years, the cost of buying new filters became prohibitive...it made sense then to use a cleanable one or two. Now that I'm not using the truck as my main vehicle for day to day and work use, its back to OEM air filters.

stk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts