Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help making the wife happy. She hates the sound of my truck after I got it deleted. I currently have just a MBRP performance muffler and she hates the sound. I can't decide if I should just add a Diamond Eye resonator or take off the MBRP and replace it with a 51 inch Donaldson. She doesn't like the drone and says it way to loud when you accelerate hard. I've been watching video's and reading forums and have changed my mind a thousand times already.

·
Registered
7,363 Posts
30” FTE resonator/muffler will do the trick, search.
Leave your muffler on, add the FTE.
If the stink bothers you, put your stock cat back on, I ended up doing this after 5 years putting up with the stinky exhaust.
Theres no noticeable differences with power or EGT’s.

Forget what your thinking neither one will take care of your concerns.
I’ve done the DE quiet tone front pipe with resonator, it did NOT quiet down anything, it’s now in my shed.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Gotta tell the wife to suck it up and drive her own vehicle, man. Sometimes you gotta draw a line, the truck is one of those places for me.

·
Registered
7,363 Posts
It’s obvious you ain’t married. :surprise:

·
Registered
597 Posts
It’s obvious you ain’t married. :surprise:
I am, with kids. You gotta draw a line on some things if you don't want to be miserable. You have your certain things (truck, guns, etc) and she has her things (clothes, house, etc), we don't dictate to each other how or what we can or cannot do or have with those things, as long as it isn't going to bring financial hardship to the family(we discuss large purchases, etc). At least it works awesome for us.

·
Registered
7,363 Posts
46 years with 2 adult men sons.
It would get a little lonely taking vacations by myself, if my wife refused to ride in my truck.
Because of exhaust stink and annoying drone, which I wasn’t happy with, problem was solved for me and my bride.
When the passenger side airbag recall which ended up 2 years waiting for replacement, mine wasn’t going to ride in my truck, so I disabled the system a few days after the recall notice.
I don’t like being lonely. 'uhNo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts