Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finishing up on my truck with the batmowheel, all the stuff is in, just time restrained. Once these mods are done I think performance wise my truck will be done for a few years because I need this truck to last atleast 5 more years and there is no way I'm going to be able to build the motor within that time so Its done until I have the 12+k$ to build it. Next is the looks.
So...

Mamba m2's

Fuel hostages

Or

Fuel boost
:help

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Its a lot less than 12k for a motor build. Don't be scared. I think you should order dual pumps next. :D

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a lot less than 12k for a motor build. Don't be scared. I think you should order dual pumps next. :D
Lol, honestly your truck persuaded me not to push too much anymore. If I have the money then it's happening but right now I don't think it's possible for quite a while. So wheels, tires, and traction are my next concern.
Any suggestions On how to cut 1.6 60's?:)

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I want you to go with the boost wheels in a 20 so i know what they look like lol

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Toyo Proxes on PYOs. Then go to the track as much as possible and practice, practice, practice. The trick is to launch hard enough to chirp the tires but not make it hop. Tire pressure and shocks have a lot to do with it as well.

Dont let my mishap worry you Mack. My truck had close to 150 passes on it and was daily driven at 550+ for the last 7 months. I knew exactly what I was getting into when I turned the timing up to run 11s.

Your first link is the only one that works by the way.

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
Toyo Proxes on PYOs. Then go to the track as much as possible and practice, practice, practice. The trick is to launch hard enough to chirp the tires but not make it hop. Tire pressure and shocks have a lot to do with it as well.

Dont let my mishap worry you Mack. My truck had close to 150 passes on it and was daily driven at 550+ for the last 7 months. I knew exactly what I was getting into when I turned the timing up to run 11s.

i think that right there is what killed it. i believe it would of lasted quite a while if the tuning was left alone lol.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

That's what worries me even more..I've already gotten atleast 30 passes on my truck since the trans was built and about 15 before and that number goes up about 4-5 every month..I daily drive my biggest tune..lol.
And my links work for me..?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
You want good street traction, buy a Grizzly locker and some traction bar's. Buddy has that set up on his 06 LLY and loves it. Traction's way better than stock.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
i think that right there is what killed it. i believe it would of lasted quite a while if the tuning was left alone lol.
But what fun would that have been Dustin? :cool:

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You want good street traction, buy a Grizzly locker and some traction bar's. Buddy has that set up on his 06 LLY and loves it. Traction's way better than stock.
I'm looking into traction bars because my truck has a nice hop to it on hard launches, I haven't looked into lockers because my tires spin fairly equally and, though I'm sure it would help.

Chris: what shocks do you use? Brain said in a thread a while back about Qa1's being the best, but they are expensive as f$&k. Are you using rancho's?

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Rancho 9000xl. DmaxStore has a good deal on them. I found that I got better 60s with the rear stiffer than the front by the way.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rancho 9000xl. DmaxStore has a good deal on them. I found that I got better 60s with the rear stiffer than the front by the way.
Hmm. I smell another 400$ idea turning into way more...
I had this plan at the beginning of summer to save as much money as possible and now I'm down to a few coins. Thanks DF..

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
^haha it always works that way.. i still remember when i bought my stock rig swearing up and down it was going to stay stock..

anyways, for wheels i'd suggest going with something different man. Maybe its just a personal thing, but i hate it when i see tons of other people with my visual stuff. Makes me take it off and sell it half the time lol.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^haha it always works that way.. i still remember when i bought my stock rig swearing up and down it was going to stay stock..

anyways, for wheels i'd suggest going with something different man. Maybe its just a personal thing, but i hate it when i see tons of other people with my visual stuff. Makes me take it off and sell it half the time lol.
I've never seen the mambas or the fuel boost. I've seen tons of hostages..those are my least favorite. My area is all 24"+ or missing hub caps..and the trucks are xd series, bmf, and Mb's. I get our point though, that's one of the reasons I like mine stock because I don't like the mass loads of cars that look the same..

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh and Chris, do you have that shock controller? If so is it worth having? If it isnt necessary then I won't waste money on it.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Oh and Chris, do you have that shock controller? If so is it worth having? If it isnt necessary then I won't waste money on it.
No controller here. I get out and adjust my shocks the old fashion way. lol.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
chris you got better 60' times with a stiff shock in the rear?????
Yep. I didn't get low 1.6s until I did the opposite of what I did all year. I was running them at 9 front/6 rear. Switched them around and went 1.64 and I could've left harder!

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
yeah I always run as stiff as it will go in the rear....the fronts it won't affect anything as the 9000s aren't 2 way adjustable, just single. To be completely effective, you would need QA1s in the front. Which I don't think the price justifies the gains you would see.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts