Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Goin broke in style.
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont know if this has been posted before. Pretty cool video about the assembly of the Allison in our trucks. Idk how to add videos so you'll just have to click the link lol.

https://youtu.be/RiMRytjuQLw

·
Goin broke in style.
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now everyone thinks they can build their own trans if they watch this enough!! Were all experts now! lol

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I'm glad I don't have to rebuild one.

·
Goin broke in style.
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm glad I don't have to rebuild one.
I spy with my little eye......WAY too many springs and small parts to fly across my shop never to be seen again lol.

Reactions: jc8825

·
Goin broke in style.
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh most definitely lol.

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Learn how take the valve body apart before I install a transgo in my truck, show and tell ME so to speak. I believe I can recoup my $100.00 on some of the internal parts....

·
Goin broke in style.
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought about doing that with a 5 spd. And ive toyed with the idea of tearing into my own (with some experienced help of course). Haven't made up my mind yet lol.

·
Goin broke in style.
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I may hit up that guy that had the 5 spd again.. We were supposed to have one come into the shop we were gonna play around with. The guy was all talk. He came in and priced all kinds of good stuff and was gonna have a trans that could prolly hold 1000+ hp then never showed back up. Everyones gonna get truck parts till you hand them an estimate lol. Had a 6.BLOW Ferd sitting up there for a year with bad HGs and injectors. Guy just recently came in with half the money lol. Now that i think about it theres 3 or 4 6.0s sitting there waiting to get bulletproofed lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.