Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the first cross country race of the session this weekend. What a muddy mess! The field where we parked was on top of a hill and still a bog by the end of the day Sunday. As I was pulling in Sunday morning 14ft trailer in tow I hit a soft spot and started spinning. I stopped right away because I know better then to dig a hole with a 7,000lb truck. I started rocking her back and forth until I had about 2 feet of run and while im doing this a guy standing by the truck says “well I guess we need to get the chains out already” just then I dropped her into M2 and let it eat! 3 ruts about 100 yards long to where I wanted to park! 2 for the tires and 1 for the center of the rear diff!

It took 10 bucks to just to clean the trailer at the car wash! Oh BTW I got 16th out of 30 in my class and my buddy got 3rd in his.

Not a kill story I know but I showed that dude and bunch of others what’s up. You all should have seen the stock NBS dmax dually pullin out a box van priceless! The van was all brown except the rear roll up door!

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Good to see someone that knows better than to just sit in one spot and spin the tires, only to wonder why he got stuck:D

Congrats on the finish:drink

·
Rode the Short Bus
2,380 Posts
Good story Buck. It is always nice to show the talking smack boy how things get done.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Hey Buck where was the race you went to? I had my first cross country race of the season on sunday and it was a muddy mess like you are describing,Just wondering if we were at the same one or not.

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
Nice...i woulda done the same thing lol...seems like i dont have that problem much though:D

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
The chain must be avoided LOL.

·
Registered
589 Posts
that guy was prolly driving a dodge wasn't he? what a fool. glad you showed him whats up. and nice job on the finish

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Buck where was the race you went to? I had my first cross country race of the season on sunday and it was a muddy mess like you are describing,Just wondering if we were at the same one or not.
AWRCS round #1 Parker, PA i race quads and my buddy races bikes so we where there sat and sun. and yes it poured all day sun!!:rockin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts