Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Quick down and dirty, any advice on what to do is much appreciated...

I bought color matched door handles and had the dealership install them. I have been back 4 times since the install with complaints. I am very polite with the manager and service people at the body shop but they refuse to rectify problems.

The problems:

1. Small, but numerous, scratches on the paint below the plastic interior panels where you can OBVIOUSLY tell they used a metal screw driver to pry off the panels.

2. You can take a flashlight, shine it in between the panel and the door, and SEE many broken plastic tabs.

I took it up last week when I went out of town (for the 4th time) and picked the truck up today. On the work order they said they did "the best they could" took rectify the problems I saw. They did NOTHING.

The problems are small and I'm not even going to bring up the rant of "I paid $XX,XXX amount of dollars for this thing I want it fixed"

What I see here is just plain laziness and lack of pride. When someone tells me "that's the best we can do" I think that is a lame excuse. Do I go up there and lose my cool? Do I continue to try calling higher up the chain of command at the dealership?

Like I said, any advice is appreciated on what to do.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I agree Rinkman that is a total BS reply of "They did the best they could." I would raise holy hell with them. I would go higher up the ladder at that dealership and point out the problems to them. They probably slide that type of shoddy work off to 9 out of 10 customers who don't catch small details like you did. I'm like you, and I would be totally pissed if it was my truck. Let us know how it goes.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A quick update,

I talked to the body shop manager a few weeks back and finally got time to drop my truck off.

This is the 5th time up there and the 3rd time dropping the truck off.

I spoke to the body shop manager in person a few weeks ago. When we walked out to the truck I showed him the damages and broken plastic clips, that I could see, and how the door panel was sitting funny. His first solution, just like the body shop guys I showed to problems to previously, was to beat the plastic interior door panel as hard as he could with his fist.

i am picking the truck up later today and will update in a little while.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts