Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2015 2500 HD crew cab. The back driver side door locks and unlocks intermittently when using the key fob or the lock on lock button on the driver side door. I’m thinking the door lock actuator is starting to go bad.

I’ve searched YouTube and I can only find instructions for the front doors. Anybody have a link or some info to share as to how they replace the back door lock actuator?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody on this site that can help today? I went to Napa auto parts and told them I’m looking for an actuator for my make and model truck left rear door. He said nothing comes back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
579 Posts
I did the back with the front video .I took a spring out of the motor section and worked better for a while.Its known for a weak motor.
Search replacement motor because buying a new latch is a bandaid.Ill post a link if I find it later on.
Where you at in Va?

Gruvenparts.com

·
Registered
579 Posts
Check this at GM parts store.This is most likely fitting my 16 not sure of 15.
13598381 $105 was cheapest I found back in FEB.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check this at GM parts store.This is most likely fitting my 16 not sure of 15.

13598381 $105 was cheapest I found back in FEB.

Thanks man I appreciate you posting that! I found it at first choice GM parts.com. I bought my tow mirrors their cheapest I could find on the Internet and they are OEM parts. They have that same part number for $98.

Is this a pretty cut and dry job? It looks like taking the door panel off is a bolt behind the door handle a bolt down in the door grab area and a bolt on the very bottom and then you just pull the panel off that’s attached by clips. How about the Actuator itself? You just take it off the wiring harness and plug it in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
579 Posts
Unplug window and lock switch to get skin out of way is the way I remember.You got this.After you do it once it’s a 10 min job.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have similar issue with front driver side lock for 2008 GMC Sierra 2500 HD. I replaced actuator but intermittent lock function continued. It is now a year later and passenger side stopped working again. The door switch can lock/unlock all doors except passenger. Same response from drivers control. I removed passenger panel and plugged in old actuator - no change. I ordered new relay switch for passenger side. Not sure if this will help. Any other ideas?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts