Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello group - I am having issues finding the door switch on my '06 D-Max. My automatic steps come out on all doors but my driver's side door....so I am assuming it is the door switch. Normally there is a pin in the jamb, but not on the Silverado? Is it inside the door panel? A magnet perhaps? Any suggestions are appreciated!

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
there isnt a black boot in your jamb? its covered for weather protection not just a pin sticking out. if u can find it that way stay inside your truck and close it slowly til u get an idea of when it turns off your light?look for it there? just sayin

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Does your dome light come on when you open the door? and go off after you shut it? If so then the door switch is working fine and you should check out the wiring for the steps. If not then I'd say its the door switch.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Most newer vehicles have the door ajar switches located in the door latch itself. You will have to remove the door panel to see it. Look for the left front door message on the message center as well as the dome light operation before you rip into it though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts