Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
cab light troubles?!!?

I'm over my RECON junk quality cab lights!! They have only been on my truck for just over a year and I have had to replace every single light. First, my pass side light had moisture in it and was leaking in my cab(after 2 months). They sent me a replacement when I put it on my truck it was a different color than the other 2 lights. Next, the center light quit working or only part of them would come on(after 6-8 months). So, I called recon and told them about the center light and the pass side replacement being a different color. They sent me a whole new set to match and I have to say that their customer service has been good but it kinda gets old changing cab lights every time I turn around!!! Let me say this also I have a set of RECON taillights and have had zero issues with them. They have been on my truck for 3 yrs now so it must just be there cab lights are JUNK!! I installed the pass side and center light that they sent me in the new kit. I turned the lights on and those 2 matched my original drivers side light so I didn't change it out. Well... Guess what light was out the other day when I drove it??? Yep the left side light!!! So, I'm debating whether to change it out with the other RECON light in my new kit or just change them all out? Has anyone heard anything about or tried the dorman oem replacement lights from rockauto?? Or should I just get the GM factory lights?? Thanks! :help

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have to agree that recon cab light quality it's crap. In on my second set and I have had mine for a year. It's too the point now I just unhooked them till I can afford oem. I'm very disappointed in the quality.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cjsobas, I agree with you! I unhook mine too, I think it looks retarded running around with cab lights out or half working!!

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
OEM is best but Dorman is damn close to OEM quality in my experience.

·
Registered
16,268 Posts
OEM or nothing.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
OEM as well

·
Registered
200 Posts
Put recons on my truck recently too and have the same issues....moisture in the center and passenger side and half the center light is out....they've only been on the truck for 3 months. JUNK! Will oem lights plug into the recon harness?

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
The OEM lights will plug into the OEM harness (I think on the passenger floor area), and I believe you will need to enable the feature in the BCM with a Tech II.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
No? They're not like foglights?

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
The fog light setup is just straight queer. I hate how that whole system functions personally.

But any ways, the bcm shouldn't really be commanding them on/off separate from the rest of the runners.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
...the bcm shouldn't really be commanding them on/off separate from the rest of the runners.
Agreed, but I doubt any power is allowed to the clearance light harness without enabling in the BCM. Just like how the foglight connections are dead without the BCM.

·
Registered
16,268 Posts
Its a plug & play with the harness.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Good deal.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.