Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did 2 downpours this weekend! One on my truck and did my buddies 6.4. Man what a pain in the ass for mine... But runs a lot better.

Many burns ( cause I didn't let the truck cool down enough) scrapes. And lot of pb blaster.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Yea heard they were pains in the arse. But glad it worked out for ya

·
Registered
437 Posts
Nice job, plan on doing mine this winter, going to have to warm the motor up as well so the fingers don't go numb.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
now try gettin a 4'' downpipe in there. thats real fun
4 inch! Oh hot damn! Mine is like throwing a hotdog down the hallway compared to that.

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
i had to use a giant hammer and bitch slap my firewall with it several hundred times haha

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So glad I did it! Couldn't believe how pinched the stocker was.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i had to use a giant hammer and bitch slap my firewall with it several hundred times haha
How did you find room to swing? Haha "bitch slap" sometimes they like need a Lil spanking

·
Registered
327 Posts
Sweet! Wanna do my LMM??? Just by looking under the hood i can tell its gonna be a royal pain!

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
Hey, Monkey, too bad you live on the other coast, I'd have ya do mine now that you're good at it......

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey, Monkey, too bad you live on the other coast, I'd have ya do mine now that you're good at it......
Haha idk if you could say that I'm good at it but might be a tiny bit Easier next time around

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I'm really hoping to be able to throw mine on before winter.. however me and exhaust installs seem to have a love hate relationship with cold weather :rolleyes:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just gotta start wrenching. My buddy literally woke me up from my nap and said "let's have a down pipe day" wasn't impressed at the time but I'm happy now.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Sweet! Wanna do my LMM??? Just by looking under the hood i can tell its gonna be a royal pain!
If you have 1" diameter arms like me then you can go up from underneath on the drivers side of the trans and It makes it easy, only problem is if your arms are any bigger than mine then you'll never get them in there, mine barely fit and my arms are littlerally 1" wide lol..
And I strongly believe yall with the Obs trucks saying turbo/downpipe/uppipe removal is a pain need to go play with an lmm and it will make you enjoy the 1/2" of extra room!

·
Registered
327 Posts
If you have 1" diameter arms like me then you can go up from underneath on the drivers side of the trans and It makes it easy, only problem is if your arms are any bigger than mine then you'll never get them in there, mine barely fit and my arms are littlerally 1" wide lol..
And I strongly believe yall with the Obs trucks saying turbo/downpipe/uppipe removal is a pain need to go play with an lmm and it will make you enjoy the 1/2" of extra room!
lol my arms aren't that small but my girlfriends are:D. Mabey i can convince her lol. what all do you have to remove to get to it from the top? Looks like the intake and resonator but i cant even see beyond that haha

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol my arms aren't that small but my girlfriends are:D. Mabey i can convince her lol. what all do you have to remove to get to it from the top? Looks like the intake and resonator but i cant even see beyond that haha
With a bakini on too! You probably wouldn't get much done tho...

·
Registered
327 Posts
lol I like your thinkin!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts