Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put a 4 inch exhaust system on my 07' LBZ. The truck will occasionally be used to haul grain in the fall so the low end torque is a must.

I've hear that if I put a downpipe on the truck I would lose some of that low end torque unless I put a tuner on it. Eventually I would like to get a tuner but it may be a while.

my question is...would I be alright without the downpipe even if I add a tuner later?

thanks for any input!

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
The downpipe will lower egts and help the turbo spool faster, you can do a downpipe and not a tuner, but i would do both, with a set of gauges so you can monitor the engine to see what it is doing.

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
^X2 the downpipe will only help you in hauling alone not hurt you...the gains are just more noticable with a tuner

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
I've hear that if I put a downpipe on the truck I would lose some of that low end torque unless I put a tuner on it. !
where do people "hear" these things?

do it dude.... :drink

·
Registered
537 Posts
it looks like a nightmare....not sure though

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
Adding the downpipe this weekend....

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
thats not too bad i guess.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.