Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so im finally trying to install my Diamond Eye Downpipe. The only thing holding me back is the stock downpipe. I cant seem to remove it, it just wont budge!! I removed both bands top and bottom which connects it to the turbo and the exhaust, also removed the bolt on the bottom which holds it in place. I removed two of the bolts that holds the heat shield in place , cant get to the third bolt (not enough room) and removed both bolts that hold the dipstick tube in place. Im pretty sure I removed all bolts that need to be removed. What do I need to do to get the downpipe off? It seems to be stuck where it connects to the turbo.

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
take the two nuts off of the dipstick tube they are on the transmission. then lift the dipstickc tube up, you can pull it all the way out or just get it loose
then it should slide out
they are on the top of the transmission follow the dipstick up, and then you will feel a little bracket

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Just keep on wiggling it. Once it comes out of the turbo you should be able to move it around and get that last heatsheild bolt out, once the heatsheild is off it should be easy to get out

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
take the two nuts off of the dipstick tube they are on the transmission. then lift the dipstickc tube up, you can pull it all the way out or just get it loose
then it should slide out
they are on the top of the transmission follow the dipstick up, and then you will feel a little bracket
Already removed both nuts that holds the dipstick tube in place. The downpipe just will not budge.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just keep on wiggling it. Once it comes out of the turbo you should be able to move it around and get that last heatsheild bolt out, once the heatsheild is off it should be easy to get out
It looks like its stuck where it connects to the turbo. Im trying to wiggle it but it just will not budge.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Spray some pb blaster on it and turn your truck on and let the exhaust warm up a bit. Go inside and drink a beer, and come out and see if it'll budge now....

Remember to wear gloves now that its warm

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
Did you pull the tube out? That will help then put it back in before you put the new one in. and just try and push or pry the old one out

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got it out guys, thanks for the help. Now im going to put the Diamond Eye on. Thanks again.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Callin it quits for today! LOL Im having trouble lining up the clamp that holds the downpipe to the turbo. Do you guys have any tips for this. Thanks again

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
take off the nut on it, and then pull the bolt out of the hole and then make sure it is around both turbo and downpipe, and then put it back through the hole and then put nut on and tighten!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Get it as lined up as possible and tighten it down just enough that the vband will kinda stay were its supossed to (jsut enough slack for it to stay on the grooves thats good enough) and then start wiggling it side to side till the vband feels like its getting looser. I never had a problem on the DP but I always struggle with it on the intake/compressor side... Thats the real biotch and that method works for me there

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, will try that. Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts