Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm driving to go play hockey and I noticed my edge insight cts is showing my egt's starting to rise like crazy. It was at about 680 and then went to 1100 and stayed there for over ten min, which is when I got to the rink. I was driving for about 40 min before that. I'm wondering if it was the truck cleaning the dpf?

Truck is stock engine wise, just running insight with the option to use pre dpf egt monitor from the truck itself, prob is not installed yet. It also showed a red r above the power letters on the screen. See pic below

·
Registered
616 Posts
In the owner's manual it states that the red "R" signifies that regeneration is in progress.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
x2, looks like a regen to me.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks, I didn't have my manual on me, but that's what I figured also, just wanted to check.

·
Registered
394 Posts
guess I'm hihacking, but just curious what you see for soot levels on your insight monitor. and also what the dpf variance usually reads?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure I'm following what your asking?

I only monitored before dpf egt, and stayed at like 550 - 650

Now with new exhaust I don't have dpf or those plugs in anymore so I cannot monitor, and haven't had a chance to install new egt probe in pass manifold

·
Registered
394 Posts
there is guage options on the CTS to display soot levels and the dpf pressure variance ( i forgot to type pressure in my first post) I was just wondering if you had ever looked at those, but I guess not. Thanks for responding.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, never checked those.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I do monitor soot levels. Soot mass will go to zero after regen, or close to it. Then, soot levels will rise to 35 before regen goes again.

While towing my fifth wheel, I see soot mass go up about 1 per 10 miles or a little more. Usually see a regen about every 350 to 375 miles.

Not towing, regen occurs about every 400 to 425 miles.

I believe that the soot mass readings are just a calculation based on the pressure differential since there are no other sensors on the dpf besides the fore and aft pressure and fore and aft egt's.

Is that what you're looking for?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts