Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone,

From what I can see and what I have read, I may be wrong on this which that's ok, all the DPF Back Exhaust Systems don't provide much additions other than better flow and looks.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Flow is debatable. The banks supposedly cools better than stock and won't melt your fifth wheel front. Personally, I think is just because it changes the angle of the exit.

They do look nicer, though

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
Good morning everyone,

From what I can see and what I have read, I may be wrong on this which that's ok, all the DPF Back Exhaust Systems don't provide much additions other than better flow and looks.

IMO, totally useless. If you take a garden hose, clamp it down in the middle with a pair of vice grips and blow through it, does it matter how thick the hose is on either end of the restriction?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IMO, totally useless. If you take a garden hose, clamp it down in the middle with a pair of vice grips and blow through it, does it matter how thick the hose is on either end of the restriction?
If there were any positives other than better airflow and looks I would agree with the prices that they are sticking on them, but $599 for 5 inch tubing and a tip.

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
If there were any positives other than better airflow and looks I would agree with the prices that they are sticking on them, but $599 for 5 inch tubing and a tip.
oh yea, your just paying for bling at that point, no function what so ever. In fact, you may even end up with bumper damage from the heat if the aftermarket tip performs worse than factory.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Just for looks and a little different angle.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
After seeing all the pics of the warped campers from the OEM tip I figured it was worth it to change the exhaust flow direction, there are cheaper ways to do the same thing but I found a great price on my 5" magnaflow and jumped on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
The only thing that isn’t plugged in is the brake line looking part from the stock exhaust other then that everything is in the place it should be

·
Registered
18 Posts
It’s telling me emissions service limited mileage in 175 miles speed 65 now it’s throwing my traction control completely turned off by itself

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
I have one on my truck all sensors n such are plugged in n I’m still throwing codes n stuff I don’t get why tho
A DPF back exhaust should not play any role in setting a code excluding some kind of major defect like being obstructed internally. once the exhaust is past the DPF the truck stops caring about it, so anything after the DPF is up to you. I suspect your codes are not related to the exhaust tip you put on and you should either scan the codes, or, since this is an L5P section, take it to the dealer for warranty repair.

Can't help you with out the codes.... check all your clamps and call magnaflow

Also, you can edit your posts to add more information instead of adding multiple responses to the thread..
he might not be able to, i think there is a post count required now to edit.

It’s telling me emissions service limited mileage in 175 miles speed 65 now it’s throwing my traction control completely turned off by itself
just to be clear, the ONLY thing you removed and replaced was the section of pipe behind the DPF, that has the exhaust tip on it right? it SOUNDS like you removed more than that based on the problems your having. If you did not, i would strongly recommend putting the stock parts back on and driving it over to the dealer to make it there problem.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can you drop some pics of the parts you removed from your truck? That might help us get a visual of what work you did. The "brake line looking part" might be the line from the DEF tank to the DPF. That could be why you're getting those codes/error messages in particular.

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
Can you drop some pics of the parts you removed from your truck? That might help us get a visual of what work you did. The "brake line looking part" might be the line from the DEF tank to the DPF. That could be why you're getting those codes/error messages in particular.
thats what im thinking too, something from the emissions system must be disconnected.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, New to the forum... I have a 2011 duramax and have a simple and probably stupid question... is there a way to just get a tuner that blocks the need for the def system without removing any of its components?? I’m tired of the endless bills for fixing each part but dont want to have a loud truck or need any more HP.... thanks

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
Hey guys, New to the forum... I have a 2011 duramax and have a simple and probably stupid question... is there a way to just get a tuner that blocks the need for the def system without removing any of its components?? I’m tired of the endless bills for fixing each part but dont want to have a loud truck or need any more HP....
thanks
without removing ANY components? no, but you can do it with removing minimal components by replacing the DPF with a straight pipe and flashing a delete tune with EFI live.

removal of the DPF will increase the noise of the truck considerably, if you are worried about it, a resonator / muffler might be better than the straight pipe.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts