Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a tuner on my LMM. Ran it for about 30 mins driving around etc. It died on me now it runs for a bit and shuts off. Does this have something to do with the DPF in the exhaust? If so how do I clean it?? Thanks guys

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
We need to know what kind of tuner you installed and what all is done to your truck. Look in the user CP and fill out your signature. it is a breif description of your truck. It really helps answer some of the preliminary questions

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
did you turn off your DPF with the programmer?? if so get a delete pipe..because the only way to clean it is burn itself off with the extra fuel

·
Sweet Revelation
2,919 Posts
i ran my quadzilla 70hp tune on for 6 months with the dpf intact and had no problems.

what tuner are you using?

·
Registered
50 Posts
What tunner did you get?

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
i ran my quadzilla 70hp tune on for 6 months with the dpf intact and had no problems.

what tuner are you using?
ya but you probably didnt delete it
if he did the DPF delete..and with the DPF still on there it wont do regen

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry, im a noob.

We need to know what kind of tuner you installed and what all is done to your truck. Look in the user CP and fill out your signature. it is a breif description of your truck. It really helps answer some of the preliminary questions
I ran the XRT from hs performance. I'm an idiot and need to learn what it screwed up. no mods except for a drop in K&N.

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
Well there is the problem then. Dump the DPF and then see what happens. Is it throwing any codes or a check engine light??

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no codes yet, i just need to be re-assured as to why its limping! I'm ready to chop some pipe man!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Duramax Power Levels: Stock, 60hp, 120hp, 180hp

i loaded the mild tune which is 60hp.
I was instructed to 'reset the transmission' on hot so i did that, then loaded the mild tune again. Ya'll guys are so helpful, i really appreciate it! i am quickly learning that its this darn DPF in the exhaust.

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
Disconnect your batteries for a couple minutes and unbolt the DPF at the flange in front of it. You can run the truck with the exhaust there it will just be a little loud in the cab until you get a delete pipe or whole exhaust.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Like I said guys this forum, and all of ya'll are super nice and EXTREMELY knowledgeable. I am very thankful!:drink

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
Welcome aboard. Hang around you will learn alot here

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will definately stick around, you guys are the real deal! I will learn as much as I can. This is awesome info and super quick response time.
I cannot thank enough.

·
Premium Member
8,085 Posts
What was the result of all of this??? I am assuming its all fixed once the DPF is gone

1 - 18 of 18 Posts