Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone! Just picked up 2009 and I want to delete the DPF, EGR and get a tuner. I read so many threads my head is spinning. Quadzilla's site is down and they aren't offering updates anymore, is that still the case? Anyway, there are WAY too many choices out there, and I surely can't afford to spend $1300 on a programmer alone. Is there a complete kit for around $1000? I really don't need the extra power, but I wouldn't turn it down:) Mainly looking for mileage increases. Thanks for any help, sorry for the long first post

·
Registered
358 Posts
Quadzilla doesn't sell anything anymore as far as I've seen. I'd look into EFI Live tuning...Check with one of site sponsors for some options. You can get an Autocal unit and tuning for around 600 or so...I recommend ATP trucks or Duramaxtuner

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Pm MudDoc and Efi that puppy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies! I had an 08 briefly and I was HORRIFIED at the mileage. I couldn't do much about it since I live here in the communist state of California and it was still under warranty. But....I am buying an 09 that is out of warranty and moving to Louisiana, so I plan to get rid of that power robbing, mileage stealing CRAP. All replies are appreciated :) Long time lurker but first time poster.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes, there are options out there for dpf delete packages for around a grand. Tuning is definitely required. EFI Live or older HS or PPE units w/ exhaust would be my choices.

·
Registered
802 Posts
You can get a pre tuned ECM for around $300-$350 or an Autocal for around $650-$700. Both will provide you with good EFI tunes ,but the Autocal give you more options. ATP or PPEI can sit you up. Duramaxtuner.com no longer offers DPF delete tuning, other wise they would have been a good tuner as well. The Dmaxstore has good prices on 4'' or 5'' exhausts systems. After the tuning and exhaust its probably going to sit you back around $1200

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Question on Pre tuned ECM. Will that only give you one tune with EGR and DPF block? And if I put the stock ECM back in will the dealership know for warranty issues?

·
Registered
358 Posts
You can get the ECM pre-tuned for a 5 tune setup, the only difference is you would have to send the modified ECM back for any changes...that's why the autocal is a popular option.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I got an autocal s&b intake diamond eye exhaust PCV re route and egr blocker plate for 1200 bucks. Best damn money I ever spent!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just bought a efi auto cal, 4" diamond eye exhaust, egr blocker plate from ATP for under $1000. Best money I ever spend. Truck feels like a rocket and I was getting 13 mpg now I get 18mpg with a heavy foot on 80 hp economy tune.

·
Registered
48 Posts
18 hwy. on the interstate the dash says 22. But I don't know how true it is

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you've got stock wheels/tires on it should be pretty accurate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine is completely stock and it is off by almost 2 mpg. I bought the truck in Mississippi and drove it to Louisiana and the DIC said 16.9 and I was pretty happy until I had calculated it at 15.1 The computer does not calculate the fuel used correctly.

·
"THEEPASUCKS"
1,452 Posts
Question on Pre tuned ECM. Will that only give you one tune with EGR and DPF block? And if I put the stock ECM back in will the dealership know for warranty issues?
Yes they will. All they have to do is compare the amount of Regens compared to the mileage, or check the TCM for elevated torque values. Example: You have 30,000 miles on your truck with only 15 Regen cycles then something is up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts