Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever try to take a DPF gut it straight pipe and leave sensors in place? In order to pass visual inspection.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Anyone ever try to take a DPF gut it straight pipe and leave sensors in place? In order to pass visual inspection.
The GM injineers took that in account when they designed this. Truck will just drop into limp mode till you go and ungut the DPF.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yeah it works off a pressure differential. Also the computer has algorithms for rate at which dpf slowly fills which also slowly increases back pressure. If pressure starts to stay constant like in a breach of system “hole etc” then limp mode is applied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that will be the plan. Sad part is the cost to do so it outrageous. So I may do the pulsar and then full tune.

·
Registered
6 Posts
All I'm saying is do your research and use the amazing google search engine. Don't come onto a public forum asking for advice on how/who to do something that is illegal. If you really want to delete your rig you'll figure out who's still doing what.
Like he said it can still be done just have to know where to look I was able to do mine last week with finding the right place to get everything to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts