Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2018 GMC 2500 HD
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m deleting my 2018 6.6 L5P
I need a tuner to delete the emissions from the ECM but am having a great deal of trouble finding one.
Is there some proprietary coding that prevents tuning? Is is safe to run it after removing egr cooler and Dpf system without the tune?

· Registered
2,246 Posts
Unless you want to travel everywhere at 10 mph, you will need tunes and all the other parts before you delete.

First you will need to find someone with a modified ecm. The encryption in the stock ecm is coded in the hardware and will not accept an unauthorized reprogram. Then you will need a tuner and tunes. It can still be done. But it is not cheap.

· Registered
1,816 Posts
Unless you want to travel everywhere at 10 mph, you will need tunes and all the other parts before you delete.

First you will need to find someone with a modified ecm. The encryption in the stock ecm is coded in the hardware and will not accept an unauthorized reprogram. Then you will need a tuner and tunes. It can still be done. But it is not cheap.
And dang near impossible to find anyone who will do it.

· Registered
1,260 Posts
HPTuners will provide your unlocking to be able to tune on a L5P and yes, its none too cheap but allows your rig to be tuned. Businesses (ones that are still in business) however will do emissions intact tuning only (no deletes) as this violates federal law as any emissions defeat devices are illegal. As others state, about two years too late to do it. If you search hard enough you may be able to find something outside our borders. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.