Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I install the H&S dpf delete tune before putting the exhaust in? Or do I install the exhaust first? I did some research and saw a guy on here that installed his exhaust first but when I asked a local shop they said install the H&S first.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I don't think it makes much of a difference? I installed my exhaust first. But immediately after installed the tune.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did codes pop up?

·
Registered
500 Posts
download the tune first, it will save you having to re-download the tunes to the truck.

·
Most Known Unknown
29,416 Posts
i did the exhaust first..

1. installed exhaust
2. got the latest update for the XRT pro
3. updated the firmware to the truck
4. installed tune

as the tuner did its thing, the error codes slowly went away

EGR sensors were unplugged prior to installing the tune

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks everyone

·
Most Known Unknown
29,416 Posts
on a side note..

make sure your close to your computer, and make sure you have an SD card adapter :thumb

when i installed mine, it gave me some error or whatever, so i thankfully read a thread earlier that day that was from H&S that required me to save some files off the SD card onto the computer and delete them off the SD card, take it out with the XRT Pro and update firmware to the truck, THEN come back to the computer and put those files BACK on the SD card, THEN go back to the truck and install the tune

i got lucky because i was at my cousins house doing the install, and luckily his GF had a SD card adapter for her computer or i would have been asking for a ride to walmart @ 11:00 @ night nono

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still a little confused about what you just said^^^^ can you find that thread and maybe post it?

·
Most Known Unknown
29,416 Posts

·
Most Known Unknown
29,416 Posts

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks man

·
Registered
667 Posts
Early on, I believe H&S recommended that you install the tune first and run it with the DPF intact for a few miles to make sure everything was going to work properly. Haven't really heard of very many people doing that though. I installed the exhaust first, and everything was fine. The unit will clear any DTCs after it downloads the tune. H&S has exceptional customer service and will help you through any problems.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts