Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in doing the DPF delete. What is the best tuner and DPF delete pipe out there.

·
Registered
755 Posts
if you want a " canned " tuner then Edge evo race hands down... but with efi live and a reputable tuner, you will get a better dial in for your needs and particular truck...

I have the evo race and it performs great... good mpgs and awesome power even in lower settings.. gotta love the turbo brake as well on level's 1-3.... I highly recommend it... It also tunes out the LMM " hiss " at idle and you get the LB7 lope at idle....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I'll have to check that out. What turbo brake functionality does it have? I want to get a turbobrake eventually too, but that will have to wait until later. I don't want to get multiple tuners for the DPF and turbobrake.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Then I would go with EFILive. That way, you delete DPF and have turbo brake.

·
Registered
755 Posts
you wont need multiple tuners for a turbo break.. the evo race will give you a turbo brake thru your stock VVT turbo... all you do is plug it in and set it on levels 1-3... it will delete the dpf and block the egr codes if you do the egr block off plate... the turbo brake with this tuner on your truck is awesome... i hauled my car down a steep grade on level 2 using the turbo brake and never used the foot brake at all!!

not to mentin you get the gauges and back up camera capabilites with the evo race cts..

check this out

etrailertv's Channel - YouTube

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The efi live seems a little over my head. Is there anything out there that has caned tunes to support turbobrakes? Thinking outloud...I guess a turbobrake tune needs to be configured for each turbobrake, huh? Maybe I'm asking too much.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you wont need multiple tuners for a turbo break.. the evo race will give you a turbo brake thru your stock VVT turbo... all you do is plug it in and set it on levels 1-3... it will delete the dpf and block the egr codes if you do the egr block off plate... the turbo brake with this tuner on your truck is awesome... i hauled my car down a steep grade on level 2 using the turbo brake and never used the foot brake at all!!

not to mentin you get the gauges and back up camera capabilites with the evo race cts..

check this out

etrailertv's Channel - YouTube
That sounds right up my alley.

·
Registered
755 Posts
The efi live seems a little over my head. Is there anything out there that has caned tunes to support turbobrakes? Thinking outloud...I guess a turbobrake tune needs to be configured for each turbobrake, huh? Maybe I'm asking too much.
There are alot of options with efi live to make things more simple for you... But if you have your heart set on a canned tuner, the edge evo race will have everything you want and then some... the turbo brake will work in tow haul mode with your truck as is.. no mods needed... just the programmer and your good to go... :drink

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info. This helps alot.

·
Registered
755 Posts
jsut out of curiousity what model is your truck? fill out your sig it will make it alot easier and faster to see what kind of truck you have, the mods done etc.... i am assuming you have a 07.5 to 2010 truck?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've been looking into the turbo brake a little bit. I've heard rumors that certain tuners might not have the same protection to prevent overpressurizing your engine. Someone told me that Bully dog has the best protection for that sort of thing. Does the evo racer have the same types of protection during turbobraking? What pressure starts popping your valve springs?

·
Registered
755 Posts
edge is where its at man i'm telling you... it has alot of safety features with it... trust me stay on levels 1-3 on a stock tranny and no more than level 4 on a stock tranny with a trans go jr. shift kit.. you will be fine.. my truck is stock just like yours with a programmer and exhaust... period... theres guys on here with well over 200k miles and no issues with this tuner... edge has excellent costumer service and is a great product.. get the edge evo race and you're good to go!

you will need a programmer of some sort even if you dont get the edge, that will delete your DPF.. Edge will do this.. it's capable of doing most any delete or block you may do..
ive never heard of something like that lol. breaking a spring?? naw man the turbo brake will work perfect with 0 issues!!

here's a video of my truck with the edge evolution race CTS programmer and MBRP 5 inch straight pipe...

·
Registered
755 Posts
thanks to u as well.. no prob man let us know if u have any more questions

1 - 15 of 15 Posts