Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before the DPF recall update my truck‘s DPF % loading would regen down from 100% to around 6% to 9% on my Banks iDash display and then slowly works it way back to 100% (as expected). After the DPF recall update my truck did the same thing, down from 100% to 6-9%, but right after it completes it immediately jumps up to 21% to 23%. Anyone else have this happen ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have not gone in for the recall, but the jump in the percentage like that sucks. Has it changed a little since you being driving after the recall update?

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have not gone in for the recall, but the jump in the percentage like that sucks. Has it changed a little since you being driving after the recall update?
To be honest, I don’t track my miles between regens, so I have no idea if the frequency has increased or decreased since installing the recall.

The DPF loading still jumps back to the 21% to 23% right after it completes a regen, and I am a couple months since having the update performed.

Hoping that my DPF is not 21% to 23% plugged with material that will not exit during a regen cycle. I have heard how expensive these DPF’s are to replace when fully plugged. If this is true and the plugging rate is linear, I could need a new DPF between 100k to 150k miles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts