Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok guys and gals! Show off your stuff! Who has Drag Raced? Where, what was your times and you set up! Time to put it ou there!

I'll start off -

2006 Dodge
12.58 @ 107.9
Lots of turbo, lots of fuel, nothing but #2

Jump in and post yours!

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
I mess around with drag racing a bit, my best so far was a 13.31 @ 101 mph with a 1.8 60' and my best mph run was a 13.39 @ 102 mph with a 1.7 60'.

All this was done with all stock engine (except exhaust) And tuning with EFI LIVE Race weight of 6300lbs:) , oh yeah with a manual trans and only 449 hp to boot:cookoo !!!

Keep posted better times are coming just gotta find time to get to the track!

Later
Caleb

·
Registered
484 Posts
13.968 @ 97.81 mph at 7,500 lbs. time for a diet, after pulling season of course.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine weighs 7300. I can't figure out what else to take out. :peelout

I just like the fact that I have a 7300 lbs truck thats faster than the vettes at the track!

·
3,162 Posts
You gotta quit racing with that dang dog trailer, it looks cool but its gotta be slowing you down!!!!!!LOL

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have done a fair amount of racing here with shop trucks. I ran [email protected] in our 03 LB7. We were stacked with injectors and a tranny. We also have run 11.80 @118 in our 02 Dodge. Twins, drag comp, big sticks, NOS slicks. Race weight was just over 7000lbs. This was the first 24V in a truck in the 11s. Ahh so long ago.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Man 05 I gotta say it must be nice to put exhaust on and the EFI live and have a low 13 second truck! I wanna drive that thing one day, lol!

·
3,162 Posts
Man 05 I gotta say it must be nice to put exhaust on and the EFI live and have a low 13 second truck! I wanna drive that thing one day, lol!

Thanx, come on out i'll let ya take it for a spin!!!! hopefully befor the season ends here i can put er in the 12's!!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Have done alot of street racing and a little at the track. Hoping to put Nasty Girl in the 10's here in 2 weeks at Weekend On The Edge. :woot

·
Registered
269 Posts
There is a story in the new Diesel Power Mag about the guy that put the first duramax in the 10's. Seems he's done quite a bit, and broken quite a bit too. Also he's doing it on the stock turbo charger.

Hey 05 what's gonna be your next trick for 12's?

·
Registered
31 Posts
yes it is True, I have seen his first run in the 10,s .To play at this level you better be ready to pay too!:peelout

·
Registered
269 Posts
I was very impressed at IRP. Finally something to get a little closer to competing with Cummins.

·
3,162 Posts
Hey 05 what's gonna be your next trick for 12's?
Nothing much i plan on using the setup i have now with some tuning changes and hopefully some better shifting!!!!

My biggest problem seem to be launching, i cant keep the truck on the track, it spins, bounces and dances all over the place but i still manage 1.8 60' times.

·
3,162 Posts
yes it is True, I have seen his first run in the 10,s .To play at this level you better be ready to pay too!:peelout
I got to meet buck at indy this year, super nice guy!! AS well as nldp guys who windowed their engine on there second run Both trucks were running 10's with a little different setups but it seems to me if they can hook better on the line they will really be cookin!!!

With all the new stuff out like the twin cp3s and new chargers coming out we will running with the 20 year old cummins real soon!!!

Pat Mcswain (McRat)just put his dmax Casper @ 11.77 on #2 only with a streetable single turbo , twin cp3's and all stock engine at well over 600hp!!!!!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sweet!

I wish that EFI Live would work on other platforms. I would have no more troubles getting the truck down the track in a hurry!:peelout

With a stick its kinda hard to build boost at the launch. You are launching in 4wd, I assume. Also, traction or ladder bars might help get rid of some of that hop and bounce. Let some air out of the tires too. I run 40 psi when I am dragging for a weekend (stock rubber). I need better tires! :cookoo

·
3,162 Posts
Yeah i launch in 3rd gear 4hi with about 15 psi and 2500rpms and ride the clutch out a few feet!! I clamp the springs but most of my hop is in the front end there is so much weight transfer that the front wheels cant get traction??? Ill try to get a link to a vid on here, hang on!!

Video"

1 - 20 of 32 Posts