Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all you 'tow-ers'. Does anybody use the Drawtite Activator II on their DMax? I just bought a 2003 Chevy 2500HD DMax with this setup and haven't yet towed with it. I tow a 10,000# 5er and am wondering if this controller is any good or if I should upgrade to a Tekonsha?

·
Registered
22 Posts
The Activator II is a time-ramp type controller. Its main problem is, it doesn't know how fast the truck is going. Brake output is the same at 70mph as 20mph. Advantage is, it's hard to screw it up. Great for multi-driver trucks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a Tekonsha. It is easy to set and works fine.

·
Registered
134 Posts
i had the activator II and hated it now i have the prodigy and love it, my brother has the aII still and i hate using his truck cause you always have to reset the tension pending on the trailers age.........that sucks

·
Registered
86 Posts
The Prodigy adjusts brake voltage by how hard you are braking (harder if you have to step on it...), the Activator evidently doesn't and simply gives you more voltage based upon how long you hang on the brake pedal. I guess that is OK if you are never in any little car/big truck situations.... Have been towing for 20 years and just got a Prodigy 2 years ago. LOVE IT! Wouldn't go backwards for anyting....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts