Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, am I new to this forum and also new to a diesel trucks. I have a 2016 Highcountry that I bought back in December and have about 7600 miles on the truck so far. I love the engine, drivetrain, ride and performance of the truck. The issue is the more I drive the truck the more prevalent the driver seat ergonomic issues become. Has anyone noticed that the steering wheel is not even close to centered on the drivers seat (not the biggest issue for me but may cause the other issue to be more noticeable), the arm rests (center console and door) aren't level, there is more space between the seat and the door and the seat and the console causing one arm to have to reach further to get to the steering wheel than the other, and the biggest issue for me the right side of the seat pushes up against the console making the seat stiffer on the right side than on the left causing you to sit crooked. I also had a significant amount of movement in the back of the seat. When stopping the back of the seat would rock forward and then back when you came to a complete stop. I took it to the dealer for this issue and they claimed there was a fix for it, they replaced a small plastic clip and it's better but not where it should be which is no movement at all. I realize none of these issue are easily fixable, but does anyone have these same issue or is it just me. I trying to figure out if I need to push the dealer to replace my seat, or if i'm going crazy and my head is making this up. I posted pics below of the seat hitting the console

Thanks,

Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
Interesting to hear you say that. I've never sat in one of the newer body style trucks but from pics I've wondered if they'd be as comfortable to drive as the classic body styles. The heated leather captains chairs in the classics have got to be the best driving position seats I've ever been in and had a lot to do with what truck I eventually wound up in.

OP I hope you get some help from the dealer, not enough miles on your new truck for it to not be right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
It is funny you mentioned this, because I myself have been having this same issue. With feeling like my seat is crooked/feeling like I am leaning to the left. I too have a new 2016 z71 2500 ltz. I bought mines in October and I have 2500 miles. But have been feeling like there is something wrong for months. Just wasn't sure if it was just in my head. Because I don't drive my truck everyday because I have a company service vehicle. And u are the first person I have seen mentioned this and I've searched for other people. But I finely said f this and made a appointment a week ago to take my truck in this weekend and have them look at it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is funny you mentioned this, because I myself have been having this same issue. With feeling like my seat is crooked/feeling like I am leaning to the left. I too have a new 2016 z71 2500 ltz. I bought mines in October and I have 2500 miles. But have been feeling like there is something wrong for months. Just wasn't sure if it was just in my head. Because I don't drive my truck everyday because I have a company service vehicle. And u are the first person I have seen mentioned this and I've searched for other people. But I finely said f this and made a appointment a week ago to take my truck in this weekend and have them look at it.

Please let me know if they are able to fix it, I have tried 2 dealers the first one thought I was crazy. Last dealer I took it too said they unbolted and then bolted the seat back on to make sure everything was tight and in line, no fix..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting to hear you say that. I've never sat in one of the newer body style trucks but from pics I've wondered if they'd be as comfortable to drive as the classic body styles. The heated leather captains chairs in the classics have got to be the best driving position seats I've ever been in and had a lot to do with what truck I eventually wound up in.

OP I hope you get some help from the dealer, not enough miles on your new truck for it to not be right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had an 07(new body) 1500 with power cloth seats and I always loved those seats, the drivers side did start to feel worn out when I got rid of it. I only noticed because I sat in the passenger seat one day and was like dang this is a lot more comfortable. However, I feel like some of my discomfort in these new seats may be due to coming from cloth and heading to leather. I thought I would get used to it at first, but its been over $7,500 miles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I will definitely post my update after this weekend. But yeah I was thinking the same thing maybe I need to get use to the seat. But I just couldn't take it anymore and I wanted to see what the dealer has to say.

·
Registered
9 Posts
******Update******
Well dropped the truck off at the dealer Saturday morning. They called me later that afternoon and said they needed to order some parts from gm. They really didn't go to much into detail about what they found/was wrong. They called me while I was busy so I really couldn't talk. Still haven't got it back yet. But it was a three day weekend so I'm hoping to here something tomorrow.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got my truck back today and it's fixed. The service writer said there was a service bulletin for the issue of the seat leaning. They ordered some new clips and repositioned the bottom seat cushion. They also attached the service bulletin paper work to my invoice. So it's a issue gm knows about.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Ya I also am with you on this the seat does suck!!! I love love my truck but I find the seat is very uncomfortable. I thought it was maybe my a$$ is to big but hearing others maybe it is not just me. I came from a dodge longhorn and that seat was thousand times better.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got my truck back today and it's fixed. The service writer said there was a service bulletin for the issue of the seat leaning. They ordered some new clips and repositioned the bottom seat cushion. They also attached the service bulletin paper work to my invoice. So it's a issue gm knows about.

Wow that's great to hear! Would you mind posting the bulletin? I figure it would be best for me to go into the dealer with it already so they can't weasel their way out of it.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
I second that can you post the bulletin please

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bulletin please and did they fix your rocking issue? Same on mine, when I stop, the seat will rock a little sometimes. I'm getting used to it but if there is a 'fix' I'll get it done.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can't post pics. But this is what it says

#PIT5542: Front seat lateral movement and/ or unable to install front seat lateral retainer when performing PI1376 or PI1183 - (Jan 25,2017)

And

#PIT5380B: Front row seat back appears to lean outward ( seat cover improperly installed ) - (Feb 1, 2017)

That's what they attached to my invoice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Trust me that's what I was thinking when they told me that. I went home and looked for it. And didn't find anything. But when I got my truck they had this paper work attached to my invoice and I was like ok. I didn't ask for it. It was stapled to it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
On mine the haptic sensors for lane departure warning are digging into my thighs... very uncomfortable. There was a posting from GM on how to reposition the sensors to make it better... Gotta find that and try it out, I'm ready to just cut the damn things off and use the chimes for warning. This may be causing some of the discomfort for others here. They literally just sandwich a sensor between your cushions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did the fix PIT5380A fix the leaning toward the door issue? And by that I mean did it just make it look better or does the cushion actually not lean anymore? I have a similar issue on mine but it also seems like the backrest is slightly twisted toward the drivers door also.

However, this fix looks like it is purely cosmetic. The fix talks about just repositioning the seat cover on the cushion. I’m not so sure it would actually level the seat.

I just bought this 2015 GMC Sierra and I love it but the leaning to the left and slightly back to the left is killing my back. Hoping it can be fixed.

https://gm.oemdtc.com/1706/pit5380a-front-row-seat-back-appears-to-lean-outward-seat-cover-improperly-installed-2014-2016-cadillac-chevrolet-gmc

·
Registered
11 Posts
Any updates to this thread? I have a 2015 2500 LT and have always felt as though I'm twisted and leaning one way or the other... It is impossible to get comfortable on road trips.

Any info would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!

Will

1 - 20 of 22 Posts