Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

I'm relatively new to the forum, but i have been searching for a couple days before i figured i would post a question.

I'm a new owner of a 2016 Denali 2500. I have added a few things and love this truck.

I recently added a 12v 480 class compressor, tank and wireless controller to keep my air bags full when towing and also to have on-board air for things like filling up tires etc.

I ran a 10awg wire to the back to a circuit breaker to power the compressor, as well as another weather proof fuse panel from a key on source to power the relay's and controller so that it only work when the truck or key is on.

I am planning on upping the power wire to a 6awg because i would like to have the ability to upgrade and have power in the back of the truck for later additions. not sure right now what i want to add but its nice to have it there if i need it.

My question is When i wired up the 10awg wire i went straight up to the driver side battery. There was a black box that looks to be made for some sort of fuses. Currently there is nothing in there other than the one lead that goes nowhere (well to my 10awg wire and fuse holder now)

I would like to put a factory style fuse in here that hooks up to the 6awg wire i plan to run. What do i need so that it will fit in this factory style holder and look OEM for the most part? I think the fuse is an ANL fuse but again i'm not sure.

Also, does anyone have a picture of their box that is setup correctly? I would like to see one for reference.

Here are a couple pictures of what i currently have, i appreciate any input.

Thank you
Steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i dont know if this helps, but i found this in the upfitter manual. In essence im looking for the Red fuse, Blue connector plate and the green fuse along with the studs.
I called my local dealership and they said you can only buy it as an assembly and its 140 bucks. I refuse to believe you have to buy an assembly if you blow a fuse. And they dont give out part numbers

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I would think that a mega fuse, like you have (at least my 2008 model has one) on the firewall might be the ticket. About $5 delivered from Amazon. Pick whichever amp rating you want.

Might this be the part you're looking for? Called a battery fuse distribution box
Fuse Box - GM (84354716) | GM Parts Center

1 - 3 of 3 Posts