Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
basically what happened was the cable on the drivers door window snapped and i need to replace it and would like to see some sort of diagram or something on how to repair it. i have just searched 22 pages of how to / DIY and did not find anything. can somebody help me out please or point me in the right direction? thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yeah I found it @ oriley for $100. Motor, regulator, and channels. How easy is it to replace the whole setup? Any pics or inst? Thanks for the reply by the way.
Its real simple... remove the screws that hold the glass to the current one, remove the bolts holding it to the door (usually 4 I think) and fold it up and remove it from one of the access holes... installation is reverse

·
Registered
113 Posts
Its ultra simple. Take the door panel off, be careful of hidden torx bolts and things holding the panel on. after you get the panel off, either take the window out by un bolting the 2x 10mm bolts holding the glass in, or just unbolt the glass and tape it in the all thew way up position. At that point it is just a matter of undoing the 10mm bolts that hold the regulator assembly to the door and taking it out. If im not mistaken, there are going to be 7x 10mm bolts holding it in. Make sure to unplug the regulator and just take the sucker out.... installation is the reverse of taking it out.

My advice as a glass guy is to NOT unplug or plug in the regulator and/or switch panel with the truck running. If the regulator is plugged in and the vehicle is running, then you un plug it, you likely will mess up the automatic roll up and down feature that is programmed in. Its real simple to reprogram it ... so if you have a problem, or forget, just ask me and ill get you fixed up.

Dont be intimidated at all... its real simple!

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the reply. i checked out the video that tony here posted and am more than confident with doing this tomorrow. i already have the door panel off, found out that the last owner ruined the plastic tab that hold the switches in place and am ready to tackle this tomorrow. I guess since nobody has done a HOW-TO on this i will take many pictures and make one for everybody else to enjoy, hell i may even re-post the video that tony posted for me.

i just asked the question to begin with, because i am a pretty savy guy with repair things, just never done a window unit yet and thought i would ask before i bugger it all up and have to pay somebody to fix my mistake.

thank you again and if i run into a problem i will PM you my number and have you give me a call.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts