Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got this god-awful squeaking noise coming from my driveshaft,...I immediately thought it was the brake squealers to indicate the pads were gettin low,...but i listened a bit more closely and noticed that wasn't the case and noticed its comin from the driveshaft. Thought it may just be a U-joint issue,...but i can hear the noise all along the entire shaft so im kinda clueless as of right now on what is the root cause. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
310 Posts
does it sound like a sqeaky bed ""er eee er eee er eee"" if it does its most likely a bad u joint this is common on the chevrolet trucks dont ask me why it doest have the normal symptoms of a bad u joint vibration, rattle etc. when they go they tend to make the er eeee noise more often than not. while your under the vehicle check the t case for the dreaded clip failure on the back half of the case will have small hole where planetary has chewed threw the case common and causes massive leaks.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
your truck 4wd? Check your transfercase fluid level...they have been known to get a hole in the transfer case and leak out all the fluid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts