Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed a few GMC's driving with the DRL's off while the headlights are turned on. Is it 2014 that had this? Or is it as simple as disconnecting the wiring to it. I personally like the led's running with the headlights, but just wondering how they're doing it and why?

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
I've noticed a few GMC's driving with the DRL's off while the headlights are turned on. Is it 2014 that had this? Or is it as simple as disconnecting the wiring to it. I personally like the led's running with the headlights, but just wondering how they're doing it and why?
probably just cutting the wire with a relay triggered by the headlight circuit. or they just pulled the fuse and never have DRL because there too lazy to do it right. either way would work, the first method would work better. what is the result that you want from your truck, DRL on or off? and what do they do now?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I honestly like the DRL's on with the headlights. I just noticed a few that didn't have them running with the headlights and had me wondering lol it seemed odd to me. I originally thought maybe that's just what the 1/2 tons did for the 2014

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
on the 2015+ GMCs, is it normal that the DRLs are on while the headlights are on?

I've seen new GMCs running around, but it's always during the day.

Reason I ask this is because typically, a vehicle's DRLs go off when the parking lights or headlights are turned on - I don't know if that's how the new GMCs work or not.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i have smoked led bumper lights in my 06 gmc 2500 and If i leave my parking lights on and shut the truck off, or turn them on before i start the truck my DRL will be on once it is put in gear. if i start the truck then turn parking lights on it cancels the DRL doesn't bother me as the led ones look good!

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
3 settings: daytime running (lower LED only), parking lights (both LED's), headlights ON (both LED's & bulb). Is there a way I can have the headlights on without the LED's? But still have them come on with daytime running & parking lights?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts