Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have a 2008 Silverado 2500 lmm. I installed 2in drop shackles to level the truck and when I tow it squats like crazy. Question is can you install air bags with drop shackles?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hello all, I have a 2008 Silverado 2500 lmm. I installed 2in drop shackles to level the truck and when I tow it squats like crazy. Question is can you install air bags with drop shackles?
I'm trying to do the same thing. So far I haven't found a kit that will "bolt-on" with the 2" rear drop shackles.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So your saying it will work. But will need to get a different bag than the one that comes with the kit?

·
Registered
277 Posts
I used the factory standard kit on my '11 Denali with lowering shackles. Just be sure to keep 5-10LBS in them when not towing. When aired up, brings truck back to normal height

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Yes. I’m running 3 inch drop shackles. No problems at all. Like stated above keep some air in them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.