Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its my brothers and has a lot put into it, and i was very disapointed with it. plus the steering wheel has 6 inches of play in it. find it funny how duramaxes are easy to drive when you want and fast when you want it.
this cummins is like all power or no power. it was strange is all i have to say.
just thought id share my experience.

·
Registered
686 Posts
my 06 cummins was kinda the same but there a beast,

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
it all depends on the mods done to the truck, the cummins can be a wicked beast if its built right, my 06 dodge was fairly wicked with twin cp3s twin turbos, injectors lift pump smarty and tst stacked, with nos, water meth and with a south bend clutch, it just depends on how people build them and what they are looking for

·
Registered
333 Posts
You drove a VP truck. That's what the problem is. Most CR's are pretty cool if they have twins and some known good parts on them. P-Pumps drive totally different and can make stupid power. It's too bad the truck itself sucks SO bad. That's the only reason why I bought a Duramax. I love a chevy truck.

·
Registered
510 Posts
lol 6 inch of play in the steering wheel my dad has a 00 like that. it has a built tranny and when you go from park to drive it SLAMS INTO GEAR LOL

·
Registered
240 Posts
I loved my 01 Dodge, only reason I traded it was for a crew cab and a more comfort centered interior. The 01' is also 10 year old technology so you can't expect it is going to be able to compete with current trucks. It's apples and oranges...

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i know it had problems. it was definitly faster than my truck with a ppe, but it seemed that whenever i touched the gas it would shoot off like the clutch was just locking all metal to metal. just not fun to drive. we both think its the clutch. kinda obvious haa
i drove his friends 10 sec 24v around a parking lot because its not legal...
that thing was wicked fast. hoping to get my truck down in that second range eventually

·
Registered
61 Posts
can someone tell me how to post these threads? im new and cant figure it out

thanks

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
when you first get on the forum there is a bunch of welcome things and what not, scroll down and basically pick any of them and at the top of all those posts should say post new thread.
im not too good at explaining, but hope that helps you out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts