Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Flooded my truck and am looking for a little more help on what to do about it. thx!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Drowned as is drove it into water and sucked water into the motor..? Or completely submerged your truck? Dont try to start it yet, let us know what happened and we can go from there.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
ok....well welcome to the DF...

Have you tured to start the truck?....

A bit more specifics....like water over the hood flood or over the hitch...

The more info you provide the better it will be for answers.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ps... Dont Try To Start It Yet

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well I drove in to the ceek at a slow pace and made it a ways and droped off then it suck in some water and died.It sat over night went and pulled it out he next day and found that the water line was just under the the dashboard. Got it home drained the water off the botom of every thing pulled the return line to the tranny put it in a bucket and am ready with new fluid to fush the tranny.O and changed the oil tryed it but ithink the battrys are dead pulled lower intercooler line drained the water out pulled the top intercooler line pritty dry so got high hopes for not being hydro locked what u guys think?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ps thx for the welcome never been on a forum

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ive let it dry sence sunday with all the doors and hood opened I dont know if its better to let it dry long enuff to let any thing rust tight

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DANG liability

·
Registered
53 Posts
make sure you change T case fluid and both axles, I would pull seats and take carpet and pad out too. (its going to be saturated

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
pretty much all fluids will need to changed....I'd do differentials just to be safe, but they are sealed so its all you on that one.

Take the carpet out and hang it up cause the padding is going to be soaked....inhaling mold i hear is bad for later.

Honestly it sucks....but when you play you pay.

·
Registered
622 Posts
just for safety id pull the glow plugs out when you first crank it that way if there is any water it will get pushed out in stead of hydrolocking

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
got all the fluids to change the diffs and stuff and am working on geting the rug out kinda worryed about the cylinders and having to pull the glow plugs

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
just use plenty of PB Blaster and/or wd40....let it soak in for awhile... and then let it soak in some more...

Just so a plug doesn't get stressed too much and drop a tip into the motor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sounds good thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Good luck man!

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
wow sucks man good luck

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
It seems like you got a pretty good handle on it! Just gonna have to dry it out as good as you can then try to start it and handle the problems as they come. Do you think water got in the fuel?

There was some floods near me and my dad owns a repair shop. People brough there cars in to get fixed. Some cars we changed the fluid and started right up! Some needed computers starters and more :cool:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 26 Posts