Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently installed the DSP5 switch and tuned ECM in my 2008 LMM. I did not want to mount the switch on the dash at the moment, I also was hesitant to drill in the console now too. I may do one of these mount sites in the future if I decide I don't like where I put it at the present.

I simply fabbed up a piece and painted it. Put it in the storage area at the front of my console area. My truck is a LT2 package, in case that makes a difference.

I am pretty happy with it, I wanted to be able to remove it if necessary...and not have any trace that it was there...for the simple reason of if I did not like the mount location until I finally make up my mind for sure where I would like it permanently. Made out of simple thin wood, made to inside spec of storage area and simply pressed into place. Hides all the wires nicely, and the holes under the storage area hidden beneath the rubber mat were already present, so I did not have to drill. My truck probably thanks me for that!

Turned out ok, in my opinion, for a novice like myself. I do not consider myself skilled at fabbing at all...

Big thanks to Killerbee for the switch and Nick for the custom tuned ECM. Everything is great. I would also like to extend my thanks to the EFI Live crew for the tutorial on the switch installation. Also to Rob for the sticky in this section stating that 99% of issues with install coming from pins not being seated, that was extremely helpful.

I may trytoput an Insight in the area to the right of the switch instead of on my windshield, but we shall see.

Sorry for the dust on the console in the pictures.

Thanks!

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Nice, but I would like to see pics a little further back..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts