Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 lml duramax and I am getting ready to have a local shop do my exhaust and egr delete and install efi live with a dsp5 switch. They said the normal settings on the dsp5 from there tuner are 1.stock 2. 50hp 3. 100hp 4.150hp 5. 200hp. My question for you guys is do you think these are good increments or would you change them around a bit? I plan on doing a fass system in the near future also. Thanks!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have a 2014 lml duramax and I am getting ready to have a local shop do my exhaust and egr delete and install efi live with a dsp5 switch. They said the normal settings on the dsp5 from there tuner are 1.stock 2. 50hp 3. 100hp 4.150hp 5. 200hp. My question for you guys is do you think these are good increments or would you change them around a bit? I plan on doing a fass system in the near future also. Thanks!
I wouldn't be applying much more than 150 horsepower to your stock transmission & stock fuel input. Each shop is different, but I would recommend having a tow option too. Typically, the EFI Live configurations allow a "light tow" & "heavy tow" option. These are extremely beneficial at keeping EGTs low and keeping the truck performing best on mountains/hills. An additional benefit includes turbo vane braking on downhill slopes which helps if an exhaust brake isn't present.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what increment would be the best to tell them I am wanting do you think?

·
Registered
155 Posts
what increment would be the best to tell them I am wanting do you think?
Common stock trans DSP5 settings (PPEI's tuning):

15 HP – Optimized Stock/Eco (no smoke)
30 HP – Heavy Tow (turbo brake)
60 HP – Light Tow (turbo brake)
100 HP – Street/ Performance
120 HP – Race (LB7 & LLY Only)
150 HP - Race (LBZ & LMM Only)

The general rule of thumb is to not exceed 150HP tune until you have a built transmission and lift pump. Google "DSP5 EFILive Duramax settings" and you will find numerous setups of others as well to consider.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks! I'm assuming that the lml is going to be close to the same race setting hp numbers as the lmm?

·
Registered
155 Posts
This is PPEI's tuning for the LML:

POWER LEVELS:
30 Horsepower | Optimized Stock
60 Horsepower | Tow
100 Horsepower | Street
150 Horsepower | Race
200+ Horsepower | Maxx Effort (Lift Pump Recommended)

I would just be cautious when sparingly using the hot tune. You may experience a lack of fuel rail pressure with that hot of tune and no lift pump.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts