Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I realize there is other threads on this. But my trucked is currently tuned with efi, I am loading Korys tunes on it this weekend, with a switch and have never used a flash scan or the program. I'm borrowing a buddies V2 and using his second license. Do I need to wipe the old tune off ECM before starting? Please someone who is very experienced in this give me a walkthrough step by step. Or a link to one. I'd prefer this incase I need to ask questions again. Thanks

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
First you will need to Download Version 7.5 and Version 8
usually you would want to read your stock tune but since it has been modified by BR powersource it may be locked or unable to read it.

You may want to call them and ask if they locked it.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did call them and since there 2.5 hours away I don't want to go there, they never said it was locked but recommended I go to gm dealer and have them reflash it and update too, then install new efi...what you think?

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
that sounds like a good idea so you can get a fresh updated file on there.

Is it necessary, no. I am sure whoever sold you Kory's tunes can get you a stock file from Kory. They might be the best person to give you the run through on loading your tunes too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
how do you like the tunes from kory compared to br powersource ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts