Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm goin for it today in my buddies garage for some heat. Otherwise I have the DSP 2 Switch already in, so i know what I'm doing I guess. Got to practice with that one and its business today haha. Pumped! Any advice on mounting the DSP5 anywhere in these LMM's. I have a few idea's not a big deal but see what you guys thing. Otherwise i'll finally not need to upload any more tunes!

-STOCK (NO DPF ALL THAT JIVE)
-HEAVY TOW W/ TURBO BRAKE
-HOT TOW W/ TURBO BRAKE
-STREET
-HOT
:rockin

THANK YOU JESS @ HUSKER DIESEL!

·
Registered
330 Posts
How "hot" is the hot tune?

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How "hot" is the hot tune?
not to crazy. I don't have a tranny or antyhing like that but I know its fast. Never dynoed it or tracked yet

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
nice man!!!

·
Registered
622 Posts
just make sure you disconnect the batteries before pulling the harness off the ecm! you probably already know that but its a mistake i made before and i've done a couple of em so i just figured i would remind you :drink

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
You think the Hot/tow would be harder on your trans than the hot tune?

·
Registered
736 Posts
heres the spot mine will be goin... theres 2 remote bass knobs there now but i only need one so the dsp will be goin there.

You have any pics of the install??
Thanks for sharing the picture of the install... I am looking for ideas!

·
Registered
63 Posts
heres the spot mine will be goin... theres 2 remote bass knobs there now but i only need one so the dsp will be goin there.

You have any pics of the install??
I will be installing a dsp5 keylock switch in the spot right above the 2 bass switches. Straight right of the 4x4 switch next to the steering column.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i thought under the dash was good no chance for it to get messed with.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I did my DSP5 Switch all nice last night. Did a full amsoil service as well as new fuel filter. Also FINALLY modded my wheel well liner for the access panel so I don't have to take it out again for a fuel filter. Truck is awsome! No more ticking I was getting in the motor (i.e. typeriter sound). I dont mind it being its a diesel but its nice that its gone from oil change. Happy with install on my switch. Below is a bad cell phone picture but in time i'll be sure to put some pretty ones up. The knob for the DSP is right behind the blinker lever. Under that is a toggle switch for my strobes (3 per corner :rockin)

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
looks sick man! cant wait to install mine

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Looks good Jim! I put my switch where your rocker switch is, so about the same place. Seems like it they had that spot in mind for switches or something :rof

1 - 13 of 13 Posts