Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to hookup my DSP5 switch and the red pin will not catch. The black is in place and clicked in, however the red just slides all the way down and stops but won't catch so it can be pulled right back out. This switch was on my last truck for about 6 months and I removed it. The pin looks perfectly fine and not damaged. Anybody have any ideas of the problem or what to do? Need help as quick as possible!! Thanks

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lbz

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was already installed on another LBZ so it's definitely the LBZ correct pins

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dumb question but did try turning putting in an other direction in the connector ? I just did mine and had a similar issue as I had it going in the wrong direction. Swapped directions and it locked. Any chance you bent or crushed pin taking it out ?

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Some tuners send LLY pins with the switch, go to about 9:38 in the video the purple clip will lock the LLY pin in place on the LBZ connector..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MbwQPEDTF8
It was already installed on another LBZ so it's definitely the LBZ correct pins
Read the first post about the pins, is the pin round or have one flat spot which are the LBZ pins. The LLY pins fit the LBZ connector they just do not "lock" into the connector, the purple clip holds them in place....

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The pin is 4 sided like an LBZ/LMM pin should be. It is supposed to be facing the center and really won't fit any other way. Like I mentioned before, one of the pins is locked in and they were both locked in another LBZ before this one

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes I pulled the purple locking pin out. One of the pins went in and locked, the other would not.

Dustin,

It never would click in on it's on but when I slid the purple lock back in, it locked it in. Will that work plenty good enough?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.