Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to try and install my DSP5 switch tomorrow afternoon. I was reading the tutorial on EFILive's forums. It states "the pin needs to be oriented such that the wider side of the head of the pin is closest to location 47 (grey wire).".

I'm not sure what that means? It has 2 similar sides, then 1 side is flat, the other has a clip. (Picture Below).. I have searched and found countless threads on breaking pins off. I'm nervous of making this mistake myself. So I want to get it right the first time.

Also, I will be installing tunes next friday night (1st April). Would any of you guys be willing to PM me your number incase I have some questions on the install? I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
yes make sure the pin is in the right port and in the right direction...if not it is no fun...trust me from my personal mistakes..... but it is all good now.... and enjoy... I can PM you my number but there are guys who know a lot more than I do and will serve you better. Trust me they will respond and you will be taken care of... lots of great help on this forum.... but I do understand the pin placement now....

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Can't you look at the other pins to see how they go in and put the dsp5 pins the same way? just an idea.
Yeah once you pull the cable off the ecm and the cover that locks the pins in place, you will see what it means.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I imagine you can look at the other ones, But I was just asking before I take it apart. Ill look today, and see how it goes.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
I would have done the same thing. i rather know before diving in.
It's really not hard, did my buddies in prob 30-45 min from start to finish.

Don't make a mountain out of an ant hill.

Do you have pictures in your instructions?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It's really not hard, did my buddies in prob 30-45 min from start to finish.

Don't make a mountain out of an ant hill.

Do you have pictures in your instructions?
Yeah, Im using EFILives Tutorial. LINK It doesn't show how he put them in, Thats why I asked. It's the only part I wasn't sure about. Why can nobody make a Tutorial that demonstrates it perfectly? I'm going to try and make one.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
well shit nvm

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
that damn cover over the ecm (at least on an lb7) is a f'ing bitch. so is the gray thing that covers the wires on the harness

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
that damn cover over the ecm (at least on an lb7) is a f'ing bitch. so is the gray thing that covers the wires on the harness
Lol all you gotta do is push down on the top, pop the front side knob loose, and then the rest is easy.

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Lol all you gotta do is push down on the top, pop the front side knob loose, and then the rest is easy.
i've done 4 dsp switches. that bastard always piss' me off. and so does that other gray thing.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
I agree on the plastic wire organizer/protector........

1 - 16 of 16 Posts