Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and my buddy installed DSP5 switches in my LB7 and his LMM and flashed our ECM's. But we both believe they must not be installed correctly because there is not a big difference in our stock tune and our race tunes.. should be a huge difference right??
and i check the voltages with the v2, and the voltages do not change.
either i check with the switch voltage with v2 wrong or we installed the pins wrong.
I swear we installed the LMM pins correctly bc we heard them click into place. and im sure they went in the right holes.
Not sure if i pushed the LB7 pins in far enough tho. :cookoo[1]:

So can i get someone to walk me through exactly how to check the DSP5 switch voltages? Bc i feel really confident the pins are in there right, and hopefully i just am trying to read the switch voltages wrong.
:help

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try grounding the dsp5 switch somewhere else first.
i wanna make sure im checking the voltages correctly before i go back into the ecm.

that'll be my next step though i guess.

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
If the voltages aren't changing then the switch isn't hooked up right. Make sure pins are in all the way and you have a good ground. Just went through this shit with buddy of mine's LMM.........sucks.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just feel like im making some dumbass mistake. I push the hell out of the 2 pins and the LMM pins "clicked" into place.
and what do you mean by a good ground? its only those 2 wires that come connected into the switch? i thought it grounds into the ECM? there is no other ground wire right?

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
LMM is difficult sometimes... Use a needle from the back to push pin in further and ground at battery or under dash.

·
Registered
897 Posts
If you connect you V2, you can check the PID that says DSP program, or something to that effect.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
How do you check the switch with the V2?

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
897 Posts
Connect V2 to truck and laptop, open scan tool, select PID called DSP5 Tune and click Monitor RealTime Data. As you switch, it will show the DSP position you are in Non-DSP,1,2,3,4

·
Registered
104 Posts
had kinda the same problem on a lly but same issue.unplug the harness from the ecm and verify they are in the right location probably are.look at the face side of the plug and make sure the terminals are all the way down and you can see them.mine clicked but weren't to the end to make connection.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Connect V2 to truck and laptop, open scan tool, select PID called DSP5 Tune and click Monitor RealTime Data. As you switch, it will show the DSP position you are in Non-DSP,1,2,3,4
What is the non-dsp and should it be 1,2,3,4,5 ?

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
897 Posts
The Non-DSP is your base tune and position 1 on the switch, the position 2 on your switch is actually DSP 1, position 3 is DSP 2, position 4 is DSP 3 and position 5 is DSP 4. Don't blame me, I didn't write the program!!! Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
The Non-DSP is your base tune and position 1 on the switch, the position 2 on your switch is actually DSP 1, position 3 is DSP 2, position 4 is DSP 3 and position 5 is DSP 4. Don't blame me, I didn't write the program!!! Hope this helps.
Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
had kinda the same problem on a lly but same issue.unplug the harness from the ecm and verify they are in the right location probably are.look at the face side of the plug and make sure the terminals are all the way down and you can see them.mine clicked but weren't to the end to make connection.
Hence why I said ground the damn thing under your dash or somewhere it'll get a good ground.:drink

·
Registered
897 Posts
Hence why I said ground the damn thing under your dash or somewhere it'll get a good ground.:drink
That's what I did, then you only have to worry about 1 pin instead of 2!

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
That's what I did, then you only have to worry about 1 pin instead of 2!
Amen brotha, those pins are flimsy pieces of shit. (the very reason I grounded under my dash cause I broke one, lol.)

·
Registered
897 Posts
Amen brotha, those pins are flimsy pieces of shit. (the very reason I grounded under my dash cause I broke one, lol.)
Ha me too!!!

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
I only ask this question because when I did my brothers lmm I forgot, but did u remove the slide in retainer? Not sure exactly what it's called but u have to slide it out in order to get the pins in all the way.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks for the info. will be getting to the bottom of this starting wednesday when fall break starts :thumb

and duraskank, when grounding the wire, you just clipped then pin off the dsp5ground wire and stripped the wire and put a wire terminal on it? then ground it?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts